Can any one tell me how efective the BoxWave Anti-Glare Screen Protector are? One of the main problem I have with my N800
is reading tex in the daylight.
Thanks

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
they work great You might also consider the Brando Anti-glare SPs they are of equal quality and less expensive. Despite being based in Hong Kong, shipping to the US is surprisingly quick.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
they work great You might also consider the Brando Anti-glare SPs they are of equal quality and less expensive. Despite being based in Hong Kong, shipping to the US is surprisingly quick.
Hey PinCushionQueen,

Do you know if they have any that work well will the N800...

Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
Hey PinCushionQueen,

Do you know if they have any that work well will the N800...
According to this thread the 770 screen protectors fit the 800 screen - there's a link for the Brando 770 SPs toward the bottom of the page.

I just received my boxwave anti-glare screen protectors today. They're very nice. I'd tried some generic screen protectors (my advice is don't bother), and I'm extremely pleased with the apparent quality of boxwave's product.

I do, however, fail at applying any screen protector, without qualification. I'm very glad I ordered three, as I crimped the first one I applied, along with leaving the sticky side exposed long enough to collect an ample supply of dust. The good news is none of my failings are noticable when the screen is lit, and the screen is very readable in direct sunlight, now.

When the screen dims, my lack of skill is very apparent. I'm going to wash this one off, and try to re-apply it, when I get out of work, today. I think I'm going to appreciate the "washable" attribute.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by LordFu View Post
I just received my boxwave anti-glare screen protectors today. They're very nice. I'd tried some generic screen protectors (my advice is don't bother), and I'm extremely pleased with the apparent quality of boxwave's product.

I do, however, fail at applying any screen protector, without qualification. I'm very glad I ordered three, as I crimped the first one I applied, along with leaving the sticky side exposed long enough to collect an ample supply of dust. The good news is none of my failings are noticable when the screen is lit, and the screen is very readable in direct sunlight, now.

When the screen dims, my lack of skill is very apparent. I'm going to wash this one off, and try to re-apply it, when I get out of work, today. I think I'm going to appreciate the "washable" attribute.
After purchasing a Martin Fields screen protector ($12.95) and dropping it, sticky side down of course, within 30 seconds of peeling the protective sheet off, I went with a non-adhesive protector from NuShield. It is a few mm larger than the visible screen and slips between the screen and the edge of the case. If you really try, you can slide it around a few mm, but in normal stylus use it doesn't move. It's supposed to last a year, we'll see.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Originally Posted by LordFu View Post

Here's a tip: Take a nice hot shower and then install the screen protector in the bathroom - the steam causes the majority of the dust to settle & much, much less will get under your SP during the install.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:
I can vouch for the boxwave also, i also tried the screengardz screen protectors and they were TERRIBLE.

The boxwave applied easily with no bubbles as long as you keep the dust down, and the anti-glare works perfectly. I barely notice its on there now and i feel a lot more secure now.

Don't skimp on the price, its worth it! I skimped and ended up paying more in the end!

Well, I just bought a PDAir screen protector. Hopefully, that will be better than the other junk I got. Anybody try one of the PDAirs?

Which ones of the BoxWave Anti-Glare Screen Protector did you guys order? There's no specific one for the n800.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...