Active Topics

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
I thought it appropriate to start a new thread for this so those of us in the uk can pool our thoughts and experiences.

Mine seems to lock up and become unresponsive when swiping sometimes, but the stock nokia apps seem reliable. Opening accuweather from the notifications screen just now caused the swipe to lock up and a reboot was required. The music app crashed whilst scrolling vertically too...

My amoled doesn't seem streaky, just a little pink on the tones, but I can live with that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HughF_UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
I'm seeing the same thing (also bought from Handtec). Apparently though our variant of the N9 has an older firmware release:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=391

So I'm hoping a new firmware update will fix it for all of us...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonquark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
has anyone tried to flash with a recently downloaded firmware?

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
I had my 1st random reboot just now, flicking through a facebook album...

I'm still on the fence about this... It is an awesome device, but I'm thinking that I might take the opportunity to use the distance selling regs to get a refund... Does anyone know the flashing instructions for the n9?

And has anyone spoke to handtec about it?

The Following User Says Thank You to HughF_UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
And has anyone spoke to handtec about it?
Well I've seen this tweet:
https://twitter.com/#!/mikerstrong/s...23805216935936

(I don't currently plan to return mine, I can live with it for now if I'm confident a firmware update will fix it. I need to do some more research tonight to try and determine if it will)

The Following User Says Thank You to jonquark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4728

Here you will find some guidance and reports of succesful flashing.

You will just need to find the correct firmware. The proposed 3rd party software tool, NaviFirm doesn't run correctly on my Windows machine.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Is @MikerStrong active on here?

I will watch that tweet and see what handtec say... I don't want to reflash and risk damaging any warranty I may have with them, this isn't exactly a cheap device after all

The Following User Says Thank You to HughF_UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
My previous gripes are posted in the worldwide availability thread, but I had a good one earlier - web browser had stopped working so I thought "let's reboot", held down the power button, and instead of the Nokia logo sliding on I got a massively stretched black and white Store logo.

Yes I'm in two minds about either waiting for PR1.1 or hassling Handtec. Maybe I should just say "look, it's bust at the moment, and I'll send it back if the imminent PR1.1 doesn't fix it". Would help if we got a steer on how close PR1.1 is. Are they just preparing it, after the N950 version was released, or are they using the N950 as a release candidate, and possibly changing it before release to N9?

I think there isn't an official reflasher at the moment (until PR1.1?) - you have to get images off Navifirm apparently, which isn't something I really want to meddle with.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
@mikerstrong is strongm on here
I've just +1 tweeted them too. Will badger in a more official capacity later.

Also, I should note that my installation issues with dev mode and store apps have gone away for me now - Nokia must have been tinkering about on the backend.

So, having made peace with the smeary screen, my "only" issues are app shutdowns and system freezes/reboots. Hmm.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
Is @MikerStrong active on here?
Yes, I am ...