Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
With an official release of PR1.3 right around the corner, it’s no surprise that wk36b2 image has been leaked. I’ve seen builds up to wk41 and adjustments to source for bug fixes in upstream repositories.

It’s unknown who built the image, or where it was pulled from. Internal testing? Yanked and built from upstream sources? Built out of PR1.2 with malicious intent? An embedded rootkit or backdoor? Who knows.

It was packed on a Windows XP system, October 8th at 11:15 AM. It’s a week 36, second build image. PR1.3 official is after week 41, at the very least. It contains slight version-updated packages and a kernel release of `2.6.28-20103103+0m5`.

As with my previous tweet, if you’re able to get your hands on the image (RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin) I’m recommending that casual N900 users do NOT install this. Wait for PR1.3 – straight from Nokia, with all the glorious bug-fixes and slight updates. Well, you should be able to boot MeeGo though, right?
via maemofanatics

You're not keeping an eye on this thread are you?

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by RAZOR View Post
You're not keeping an eye on this thread are you?
I am, but this is a different development and I'm not in the mood for more Chuck Norris jokes.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
not meant to link to leaked firmware mate

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
not meant to link to leaked firmware mate
And your point is?

The OP did -not- link to a leaked image. He linked to new source talking about a leaked image.

There's been posts about the leaked firmware for the past 3 days in the "Firmware 1.3 on its way????" thread.

Go there and read what's fixed and what's currently missing or broken.

It's definitely not the final build.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by SD. View Post
There's been posts about the leaked firmware for the past 3 days in the "Firmware 1.3 on its way????" thread.

Go there and read what's fixed and what's currently missing or broken.

It's definitely not the final build.
no, it's not final, plus Chinese central committee has a backdoor in it which subversively controls your behavior using alpha waves that come from omap processor underclocking

:P :P :P :P (flushing the water)

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
MeeGo Experts are detailing info and providing a link to download, yes PR1.3 or at least a leaked Chinese version. If this is a real official version albeit leaked I would doubt that much will change between now and the official version, this means that not much is changed based on MeeGo Experts findings.

Potentially this is not good news, what if nothing really changes, people will be rightly pi$$ed off

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
according to my findings about leaked firmware: it's nice, but it has bugs that i'm not going to tell because it's irrelevant since it's not official, it's week 36

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
MeeGo Experts are detailing info and providing a link to download, yes PR1.3 or at least a leaked Chinese version. If this is a real official version albeit leaked I would doubt that much will change between now and the official version, this means that not much is changed based on MeeGo Experts findings.

Potentially this is not good news, what if nothing really changes, people will be rightly pi$$ed off
The thing is not even released and you are already predicting that there will be whiners?! There will *always* be people *****ing about something, dont worry...

Just let the update come and then say something. This game prediction played in this forum is very tiresome and adds nothing to this place. (just like this post)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:

Tags
chuck norris, firmware, pr1.3