Poll: Have you taken, or are you going to take, a part in the contest?
Poll Options
Have you taken, or are you going to take, a part in the contest?

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Bumping...
It's really interesting why rotatedaemon causes Maemo to reboot on some applications.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Sometimes Active Topics rotate quickly...
Sometimes they freeze...
Qt writers come here please...
It's not necessary to love N8 or Nokia deeply...
N8 can always be sold to get N9 later.
Contribution to Wiki will stay in it forever.

hamishwillee with lavish Python and skumar_rao with laconic code excerpts deifinitely take the crown, but there is still room for some more Qt.

QML.

File reading.

Running in the background.

Integrating and intertwining Qt C++, Python, QML, SVG, C, GTK, anything that comes into your head.

The funniest new article, from Nigeria, unstructured, as if writer doesn't know Wiki formatting:
http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...st&redirect=no
NB: I have been looking for an opportunity to win this phone since it was announced on April 27, 2010. I participated in the N8 make my app competetion, but my ideas did not receive many votes, though they were really great ideas. I would be very, very very very very very very very.................very very very happy to win it this time, since I may not have any other opportunity to get this phone. Please I am expecting your reply, telling me that I have won very soon. Thank you!

Bumping.
The competition is going to be hard here. I hope Nokia gives out at least ten N8.
I wouldn't envy the judges. It isn't easy to choose.
Less than one day left.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
The funniest new article, from Nigeria, unstructured, as if writer doesn't know Wiki formatting:

Nigeria hey. [Scammer?!]

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-11-30 at 05:50.

No, not a scammer. Have you read his article?

I don't know maybe he copied the article from somewhere but it's completely on-topic. He just eagerly wants to get an N8, and doesn't have enough money.

Lack of money is most likely the only thing linking him and Nigerian scammers.

There are no bad countries, there are just bad people and bad governments. And even then, bad from one point of view is good from another.

There are no new articles appearing right now on Forum's Wiki. Is it night in their time-zone?

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2010-11-30 at 06:51.

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
There are no new articles appearing right now on Forum's Wiki. Is it night in their time-zone?
The Rules of Participation page says they are running the contest until 1 minute before midnight GMT.

Wish I had seen this thread a few days ago!

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
No, not a scammer. Have you read his article?

I don't know maybe he copied the article from somewhere but it's completely on-topic. He just eagerly wants to get an N8, and doesn't have enough money.
Can I win a N8 if I write this kind of article:

Read the whole article here: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/index.html

The Following User Says Thank You to Diph For This Useful Post:
First, you can hardly win by copying information directly from existing website, even if the license is appropriate: it's not new information.

Second, it seems that contribution is judged both by quantity and quality of articles: your chances are higher if you write at least two new non-copied articles long and detailed enough to be considered informative.

You can always try to. Any contribution to wiki is welcome. Later it can be expanded by other users.

Some activity at Nokia Forum, some new articles created...
I hope more Qt developers here get to hear about this contest and probably take part in it.

Tags
competition, contest, development, nokia, qt article