Hi everyone,

Since I migrated to PR1.3, the spelling checking is completely awful and useless each time there is a word with an accent.

For example, if I write "etais" it proposes me "fait" instead of "étais", so this is a complete waste of time.

I really don't know what the developers have smoked.

In english I think there is no issue.

Does anyone have the same issue with french language and others languages that use accents ?
Thanks

EDIT : new huge bug I noticed, that happened sometimes with PR1.2 but very rarely, now it is every 2/3 words.
I enter a correct word, like Bisous (french for kiss), and it proposes me another word (wtf ?).
I click on the word, and the spelling check tells me I just wrote "Biious"
Thanks Nokia, I'll soon be done with the N9

Last edited by aShtk; 2012-07-06 at 10:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to aShtk For This Useful Post:
Quick solution, use Swype or just TURN OFF predicition!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

I really dislike Swype, and turning off the prediction is not a solution at all : /

Originally Posted by aShtk View Post
I really dislike Swype, and turning off the prediction is not a solution at all : /
Not even using Swype as an ordinary keyboard and not actually swiping the words in.

Swype's prediction is FAR superior to the N9's default prediction

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Thanks I'm gonna try, I haven't even thought about that.

That should help, although it's still really disappointing to notice that an update worsens the user experience...

Thanks I'm gonna try, I haven't even thought about that.

That should help, although it's still really disappointing to notice that an update worsens the user experience...
Lemme know how you get on.

Yeah thats the unfortunate thing with PR1.3, its the last Nokia update we will get and its a shame its brought about a few irritating bugs

But hopefully a CSSU will solve are main usability issues, just gotta wait and see what happens.

My Contributions

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Bisous works for me, but etais/etait doesn't get suggested to the accented word indeed (not even in the list after a long click).

The problem with bisous or other words withouth accent does not occur each time, but from time to time, when the spelling corrector does'nt show the same letters that you just entered.

And it happens quite often although it was quite rare with PR1.2

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Hi everyone,

Since I migrated to PR1.3, the spelling checking is completely awful and useless each time there is a word with an accent.

For example, if I write "etais" it proposes me "fait" instead of "étais", so this is a complete waste of time.

I really don't know what the developers have smoked.

In english I think there is no issue.

Does anyone have the same issue with french language and others languages that use accents ?
Thanks

EDIT : new huge bug I noticed, that happened sometimes with PR1.2 but very rarely, now it is every 2/3 words.
I enter a correct word, like Bisous (french for kiss), and it proposes me another word (wtf ?).
I click on the word, and the spelling check tells me I just wrote "Biious"
Thanks Nokia, I'll soon be done with the N9
Same issue, very bad spelling correction when you writing a word with accent, an example "bebe" = "bene" instead of "bébé" ....awful

The Following User Says Thank You to Iryus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
The same happens in Spanish but since I use Swype I have not noticed it.

Give Swype a chance. In fact, Swype works better in PR1.3, it is faster.

I agree it should not be broken what it was OK in PR1.2.