Notices

Urho Konttori just released Theme Maker 1.1.3, an OS2008 (Chinook) theme maker. The app, that runs on a PC, Mac, Linux, takes in an 8000 (not a typo) x 800 pixel .PNG file and automatically dissects them to hundreds of components and then packages them to a debian (.deb) installer file. Urho provides a template file (in .psd) that he suggests you edit in Adobe Photoshop or GIMP. To give everyone an idea, below is the full template where I highlighted (in red) part of which I used on the image above. Urho, famous for his Media Converter, Theme Maker, and UKMP apps, and a regular in the forums, joined Nokia earlier this year. Links: Download Theme Maker 1.1.3 now. Urho Konttori's Blog
Read the full article.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Hey, cool post, thanks. Good idea of including the 'full template' in the post. When you start to make the theme, you'll realise that the scope is really not that big. Most of the content is variations of a button, most of the size of the template comes from the robustness of being able to have different kinds of buttons, sliders and whatnot for different situations / applications. I'd say that total conversion should take a full days effort if you have the idea and are good with photoshop. Smaller changes (say... you just want to change the home screen borders) should take one to two hours. Or less if you have the graphics or you are just nicking them from some other source (I don't suggest anyone to take any copyrighted material as a source for the themes).

I hope this will help people find the surprisingly good theming capabilities the device has. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people are able to create.

Oh, and on the psd file, notice the top layer that is not toggled by default. It contains the 'cut' marks, so toggle it on when you want to see what will be cut and where.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
Please let me know how to install this.Im using a Nokia N810.none of these files are working on my pc or tablet.Why dont you put the installation process when you deveolop a software. even notes which are inside the zip file doesnt give specific details about installation.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
This application is not meant to run on your tablet.

There are two parts to it:

One, a .psd file which is an image file that you open in photoshop or GIMP and edit to suit your tastes

Two, there's an executable contained in the .zip for windows/mac/linux run that executable to open the gui deb creator

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

The Following User Says Thank You to josiahg777 For This Useful Post:
I'm preparing a new release, so for that I'll put a bit more instructions to the file.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
I'm preparing a new release, so for that I'll put a bit more instructions to the file.
What will new release be changing? I'm in the middle of several themes right now nothing is going to change in the .psd layout or anything right. I hate to have to start these over.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

No psd layout changes. Only fixes and support for fonts.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Sweet hey can you tell me how changes the color of selected items like in the Application Manager can't figure that out.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

I'm still struggling with the home screen applets color space a bit. I also want to make a gull black theme example to give good default colors to people wanting to make black themes, as well as to test it out that the black themes work properly.

I got the colors on home applets finally right! All I now need to do is package the thing for consumption.

The Following User Says Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post: