Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Thanks for this app it really does run fast. One small request I have is to enable background downloading as soon as you hit the download button, so you can continue browsing whilst waiting for your downloads to finish. Other than that, I think it's great.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Thanks for this app it really does run fast. One small request I have is to enable background downloading as soon as you hit the download button, so you can continue browsing whilst waiting for your downloads to finish. Other than that, I think it's great.
Due to heavy i/o operations during downloading, which may impact user experience, i intentionally block user interaction so the download speed can be achieved at maximum, during testing the average speed i got with decent wifi connection was in range of 500kB/s up to 1.2Mb/s, took only few secs to download a 5mins video.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
very nice GUI.
After i log in , the program crash. If i just choose random video on the main menu, the video can't play due to fatal error.

Originally Posted by locolyric View Post
very nice GUI.
After i log in , the program crash. If i just choose random video on the main menu, the video can't play due to fatal error.
Check your internet connection, fatal error ? sound like you are on a lousy internet connection. Youtube video required a good connection.

Last edited by khuong; 2011-10-07 at 11:36.

I'm having the same problem: "Could not open media source, fatal error" though I'm only 1m away from the router. I think it's due to my undervolting profile. It plays fine via browser though.

Originally Posted by LightRain View Post
I'm having the same problem: "Could not open media source, fatal error" though I'm only 1m away from the router. I think it's due to my undervolting profile. It plays fine via browser though.
Fatal errors is an error come from your device video backend engine (gstreamer), browser use flash plugin instead.

Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Features includes:

* Other user - view other user's uploads, favorite, playlist (only if they are public)
How do I do that?
Also, I can have my playlist only if I am subscribed to youtube, right?

Anyway, this looks really nice! Thanks a lot!
I will keep cutetube for videos from other sites, but nVideo is probably what I'm gonna use everyday from now on

Originally Posted by kattle87 View Post
How do I do that?
Also, I can have my playlist only if I am subscribed to youtube, right?

Anyway, this looks really nice! Thanks a lot!
Accessing other user's upload videos, playlists, favorites is in long press menu as user's video. No sign in nor subscription are needed in order to access this feature.

Yeah I read it already, I should have been more specific: does that means there's no way to access a playlist or the favourites of a user that has not uploaded anything? :P

Originally Posted by kattle87 View Post
Yeah I read it already, I should have been more specific: does that means there's no way to access a playlist or the favourites of a user that has not uploaded anything? :P
Not in the app cuz who would interest in a user not actively posting video to youtube, but there's way to work around this by putting that user in your subscription list via browser then access your subscriptions list in the app to view that user's playlists or favorite.