Notices

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by redhotfoo View Post
Uninstall/Install did not help. I started www2sms out of xterminal and got following error:

"ImportError: No module named glib"

"apt-get upgrade" fixed the problem. It works without a problem now.
Good to see that it works for you now.

What did "apt-get upgrade" pull in?

I am quite new to "Linux", so I have no idea, it did a lot of updates.

I have a strange problem after I switched the contact sorting in the address book from "Alias" to "Surname, Forename", writing one SMS with www2sms and then switching back to "Alias" as sorting method (and display mode).
www2sms still shows all contacts listed as "Surname, Forename" instead of just "Alias" and when I send a SMS to someone it appears in a second entry in the conversation log and the answer from that person appears in the first entry which is annoying.
Can you try to fix that bug?
Is it possible to merge to conversations?
Thanks and keep up the good work

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
I have a strange problem after I switched the contact sorting in the address book from "Alias" to "Surname, Forename", writing one SMS with www2sms and then switching back to "Alias" as sorting method (and display mode).
www2sms still shows all contacts listed as "Surname, Forename" instead of just "Alias" and when I send a SMS to someone it appears in a second entry in the conversation log and the answer from that person appears in the first entry which is annoying.
Can you try to fix that bug?
Is it possible to merge to conversations?
Thanks and keep up the good work
www2sms does always sort the list "Surname, Forename" regardless of the address book settings.

I'll check on the odd behavior saving the SMS.

Cheers
Bjoern

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
I know for sure that it used the same sorting method ("Alias") as the address book right after the installation because I pressed the keyboard button "J" and the first entry was a name starting with "J" as the alias.
After I switched the sorting method in the address book (and reverted the change) www2sms stayed in the new (as you say default) behaviour and the problem started.

I know for sure that it used the same sorting method ("Alias") as the address book right after the installation because I pressed the keyboard button "J" and the first entry was a name starting with "J" as the alias.
After I switched the sorting method in the address book (and reverted the change) www2sms stayed in the new (as you say default) behaviour and the problem started.
Mhhh, I can't reproduce it...

The conversation to which the SMS is added is determined by the phone number (as far as I understood the ctypes part which handles the sms insertion).

Cheers
Bjoern

Do you have an idea how I could solve that problem?
When I open the conversation history for the contact from the address book I can see both listed: the messages I sent with www2sms and the answers but in the conversation inbox they are divided in two conversations. Is there anything I can do fix/merge this?
Thanks

Do you have an idea how I could solve that problem?
When I open the conversation history for the contact from the address book I can see both listed: the messages I sent with www2sms and the answers but in the conversation inbox they are divided in two conversations. Is there anything I can do fix/merge this?
Thanks
Since I can't reproduce this behavior, I have no Idea what's going on your device.

Sorry, but I have no advice for you in this case

Since no one else is reporting the same issue something must be messed up on your device.

Cheers
Bjoern

I installed the app but can't figure out how to send an sms.

First, I entered the account information via the "Account Setup" menu. Tehre I filled the fields for "Login" and "password" and chose my provider (o2 Germany) However, the dropdown menu "account" does not list any options. Neither can I enter anything under account.

Saving and returning to the sms form, I enter a cell number and text. But the "send" button is still dark and i can't press it. When I do that, I am having an active 3G connection to o2. Why is the send button darkly shaded and what do I have to do in order to be able to send messages?

Thx for any comments!

Originally Posted by plutonium239 View Post
I installed the app but can't figure out how to send an sms.

First, I entered the account information via the "Account Setup" menu. Tehre I filled the fields for "Login" and "password" and chose my provider (o2 Germany) However, the dropdown menu "account" does not list any options. Neither can I enter anything under account.

Saving and returning to the sms form, I enter a cell number and text. But the "send" button is still dark and i can't press it. When I do that, I am having an active 3G connection to o2. Why is the send button darkly shaded and what do I have to do in order to be able to send messages?

Thx for any comments!
Just fill in the "Account alias" (just a name, string, anything you want), the "Login" (for o2online.de it is your phone number) and "Password" (I guess this is obvious). Now hit "Save" and the "Account alias" should show up in the "Account" dropdown list.

The "Send" button is as long grayed out as you do not have setup an account.

Cheers
Bjoern