Active Topics

Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
lucky number seven

btt, is the camera module already fix? Or there is still hope for a better camera?
I think someone already asked about this, but I don't any reply to that question.

I can't donate right now because I need to save money, but I think I will be able to save around €700 when Neo900 hit production phase.
Is it possible to count me as one of that 1000 preorder?
For now we plan to reuse as much as possible of N900, so camera is "fixed", but that may or may not change during further product detail specification. We'd need a module that fits into the mechanical design though, and maybe that's not all that simple to find, and possibly pretty expensive (N900 spare cam module is ~50EUR already)

We'll keep your interest and planned purchase in mind, but we won't add it to the shop's database. Thanks nevertheless :-)

cheers
jOERG

Originally Posted by darkranger View Post
Could we create a specific forum for Neo900?

I think it's pretty hard to discuss everything in the single thread.
That's up to tmo admin/mods
/j

Originally Posted by macey View Post
http://neo900.org/
Is broken...
"We've already collected {Euro_symbol} [blank] .... Thanks to [blank]"
You probably should refresh the page in your browser, Sebastian edited the script that does the autoupdate since the format of info from GolDeliCo db changed.
Thanks for mentioning it
/j

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
@ Joerg:
Hey Mate,
Do you have any info on the potential: RFID-EEPROM you guys are looking at? I can't find it in your feasibility report.
Is it older RFID (door passes/HID style) or NFC?
OR! Are we going to be super nerdy and cool and you have a magic way of giving us NFC and RFID!!
NFC is yet to get detail-specified. We might use whatever comes with the modem module or WLAN/BT module. So I can't tell about any details yet, we're just beginning to do real schematics. Suggestions / pointers to good documentation / chip suggestion etc from experts savvy about NFC at large are solicited. I'm not completely up to the comfort level of expertise when it comes to NFC.
/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-07 at 16:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by omicron View Post
Will Neo900 work connected to the charger only, without the battery, just like laptops? Is it possible with the usb charger or usb has too low power?
Probably (subject to change) you will be able to operate the complete device from charger, except modem which regularly needs a battery to buffer the quite huge current spikes it draws from power supply.
/j

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droll View Post
btw, will the built-in wifi chip support WPA or WPA2 hotspot?
We have NOT decided yet on the WLAN module we are going to use. We will try to find the best compromise between closed-blob-free, feature-rich, power-conserving, huge volume.
/j

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
at this point, do some/all/none of the wlan modules youre considering have 5ghz radios?

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
at this point, do some/all/none of the wlan modules youre considering have 5ghz radios?
Sure! :-) SOME do. I'm much in favor for having a 5GHz band as well in WLAN. But that's just one of all the criteria we need to evaluate.
/j

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
my question left unanswerd was it too lame ? i asked possiblites of tv in (the one we get from cds and setop boxes) and a all time lisening radio pre programmed in factory to invoke actions and track it when not in pocession (like rap chip in bb5 too hard to reprogram )

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
my question left unanswerd was it too lame ? i asked possiblites of tv in (the one we get from cds and setop boxes) and a all time lisening radio pre programmed in factory to invoke actions and track it when not in pocession (like rap chip in bb5 too hard to reprogram )
TV-in is too complex (unless we might get HDMI codec chip which I seriously doubt we will do)
A dedicated radio chip for only that purpose you suggested would be a poor expense/value ratio. You could achive same functionality by exploiting BT.
Sorry I missed your question when you asked first time.
cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-07 at 17:39.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!