Notices

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Has anyone on this forum (besides me that is) used Evernote (http://www.evernote.com/en/) on a tablet and thought: Dang! that would be a nice thing to have on my N800? I would so pay for that!

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-04-29 at 12:06.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
could be interesting, but i would think that a working "inking" system would be nice to have first. loved that diagram function

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Looks a little interesting, but not something I'd pay for.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I played around with it for a bit and did indeed think that the thing that would make maemopad+ usable as a note-taker would be an infinitely long page like what Evernote has, if I recall correctly.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I played around with it for a bit and did indeed think that the thing that would make maemopad+ usable as a note-taker would be an infinitely long page like what Evernote has, if I recall correctly.
Yep. It's basically Newton's Notepad On Steroids, with Stationary an'all! The paid-for version comes with (RitePen, I believe) handwriting recognition, but as I already have PenOffice on my big tablet, I decided to go moocher.

Another feature Evernote "borrowed" from the Newton (and Maemopad+ didn't), is the automatic saving: When you start a new note, it is automatically and continuously saved, conscious user file interaction is only needed for deletion. Nice...

I only took a quick look but is it for the N800.

Originally Posted by basco View Post
I only took a quick look but is it for the N800.
If you mean: "Will it run on the N800?", then: "No".

But if you mean: "Should it be ported to the N800?", then: "You bet your sweet Fanny Adams it should".

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, or someone build something similar.

i can see it be done, and if one allow the device to be held vertical, one can use the zoom buttons to "scroll".

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I use it full time on my Thinkpad x60 tablet. It's awesome.
Although N800 is probably too small for my style of active notetaking, I wouldn't mind being able to view\share\sync my notes between the two.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I use it full time on my Thinkpad x60 tablet. It's awesome.
Although N800 is probably too small for my style of active notetaking, I wouldn't mind being able to view\share\sync my notes between the two.
I agree that the UI would need some conscientious tweaking for smaller tablets (less clutter, more tabs for various options,...), but I believe it would not fare disadvantageously on the N-ITs.