Posts: 65 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by gbence View Post
Hi,

After some days of active usage I found some incoming and outgoing calls (on recent calls list) in their pure numeric form so they were not matched against the phonebook's database although there were such entries.

In another thread (that was opened by me, and so a thanks go to Jalyst who pointed me to this one) Soppa noted that generated / fetched / synchronized data are involved in this special case.

Why doesn't the phone match synchronized data against call lists?
Hello gbence,

in the next update (yes, I know, that's my usual answer ) you'll see in the contact card where details come from. There are basically to categories of services:
- Social services, like facebook/twitter → for those there is *no* phone or email resolving. That sucks, and that's due to some technical constraints which could have been solved if we had more time...
- Other services, like IM or Mail for Exchange (and of course local contacts) → For those phone/email resolving *should* work.

Now there is also an issue where sometimes the daemon that decides who can use the CPU on the phone will block the database when a call is incoming (they have a race condition somewhere, and unfortunately never got to fix it AFAIK), therefore preventing the number to resolve to a name for 4 or 8 seconds (I don't remember). That's a pretty nasty issue, and I wish it had been fixed, unfortunately it's not under our control... I'm not sure if this gets better in the next update, as I'm not working on Harmattan myself anymore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abustany For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by abustany View Post
I'm not sure if this gets better in the next update, as I'm not working on Harmattan myself anymore.
Can you please arrange for someone else to monitor this thread then.
Also....

See 2nd and 3rd section of this post (1st answered)
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=153

And also this....
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=156

Thanks for all your time/help over the past few mths.
Tis very much appreciated.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hi all,
Is any developer able to implement a communication history feature on the n9.

For example, the ability to view the past 5 communications with a contact in the contacts app.

Also, the ability to view the call history with a contact like missed calls, received calls and dialled calls with call duration for each of those calls.

It could be implemented either in the phone app or using the search feature. Using search now will give you the messaging history of a contact. Something similar for calls would be great.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Those from a Blackberry background would get what exactly I'm mentioning.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hmm when contacts are stored by availability, the starred contacts are no longer given preference. I understand that this may be by design, but it would be better if the starred contacts are shown after the online and busy contacts. This is because, in this mode, quick scroll to diferent letters are not possible (we can only scroll to online, busy, pending, offline) and hence finding contacts is difficult.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Not sure if this is the right place for this or if it has already been mentioned but if you have a contact that has a instant messenger/service entry you do not get the option to then email them using that instant messenger address unless you manually add that instant messenger address as their email address.

For example, I have a contact that when I click on their name I can see their phone number, address etc and I can see which services I can instant messenger them using (gtalk/skype/msn etc) but I have no option to just email them instead of sending an instant message.

The Following User Says Thank You to BW~Merlin For This Useful Post:
i have been experiencing a really weird issue with messaging lately, i will be chatting on Skype and the message delivery is way too late, it gives me the notification that i received a message bit i am not able to view the message in messaging app. Right now i received a notification like 30 minutes ago saying i have a message from one of my contact but i am not able to view, and sometimes text messages show that its still sending but the receiving party has already received the message and replied

*bump* @abustany or colleagues! (below)
If you're on holidays, then I totally appreciate you not being able to respond.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Can you please arrange for someone else to monitor this thread then.
Also....

See 2nd and 3rd section of this post (1st answered)
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=153

And also this....
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=156

Thanks for all your time/help over the past few mths.
Tis very much appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Thanks Jalyst. I forgot about this thread. Whenever I had to reset my exchange account due to email issues, the contacts would disappear...I would love to know how to keep the contacts in case the email reset has to occur again. I really want to like this phone like I did the N900.

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Thanks Jalyst. I forgot about this thread. Whenever I had to reset my exchange account due to email issues, the contacts would disappear...I would love to know how to keep the contacts in case the email reset has to occur again. I really want to like this phone like I did the N900.
NP, I fear the dev's disappeared w/o bothering to put someone in his place...
Sergey's been more active (even on holidays) over recent wks in the MfE/Email thread.
We need to complain to whomever necessary to enure someone else "steps up".

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Helsinki
I'm still alive, just being quite busy with some stuff here I will come back to you, eventually.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abustany For This Useful Post: