Version 1.0.0 is now out (I have also submitted this version to Nokia Store). It adds custom icons per day, an option to select when events should be removed from the feed (i.e. on start or when the event ends) and now behaves properly if the timezone of the device changes. I have also included a German translation (if you want to help translating let me know).

If you are updating from an earlier version:
Due to the rename the package name has changed from calendarfeed to organiserfeed. So remove the old version from your phone before upgrading (either via the application manager or from the console via apt-get purge calendarfeed). I decided not to use Debians "Replaces" field as it may cause problems with the other Calendar Feed package.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I second that, assuming they're both of the same nature.
i.e. F/OSS + F/OSS OR closed/commercial + closed/commercial.
Would be tricky for them to collaborate otherwise....
We're both open source. The issue is that we chose completely different approaches in the backend to show events on the home screen. This implementation is push based (i.e. it reacts to calendar changes and updates the feed accordingly) while the other solution periodically updates the feed using the sync framework.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi chillip,

I like very much the way you chose to implement this. It fits exactly my needs. Thank you.

One issue (maybe) in version 1.0.0: when I choose the "Show day in icon" the title "feed" with the refresh button seems like it is shifted right hiding the button.

Do anyone else notice that?

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi chillip,

I like very much the way you chose to implement this. It fits exactly my needs. Thank you.

One issue (maybe) in version 1.0.0: when I choose the "Show day in icon" the title "feed" with the refresh button seems like it is shifted right hiding the button.

Do anyone else notice that?
I have seen this behaviour from time to time. As I'm not using my home screen for anything else I am not sure whether this is caused by the event feed (could anyone please confirm whether they have observed this behaviour when only using regular feeds). It does disappear after some time though.

The Following User Says Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Thanks for the reply.

I find the app complete. Nevertheless some features that might be useful:

- show an small alarm icon next to the time if the event has an alarm setting
- add thp's hack as a setting, i.e.: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4925

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by chillip View Post
We're both open source. The issue is that we chose completely different approaches in the backend to show events on the home screen. This implementation is push based (i.e. it reacts to calendar changes and updates the feed accordingly) while the other solution periodically updates the feed using the sync framework.
As you are both open source this could be made into a singular super app.. where the user choose in what way he want it to update. Either through sync or by push. One of the strenght with open source is that it can combine the best feautures into on single app and the work load be shared.

But do what you think is best for your work flow.. like what you have done so far

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
. One of the strenght with open source is that it can combine the best feautures into on single app and the work load be shared.
That's I'm talking about.

BTW, great work with the app!

The Following User Says Thank You to elieserleao For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Great Work !!!

Is it possible for the next Version/Update to display the Calendarname in different colors ( i have 3 Calendar ) or change the fontcolor of the entries ?

Default Calendar -> Calendar Name in blue or fontcolor of the entries in blue
Birthday Calendar ->Calendar Name in red or fontcolor of the entries in red
or something like that

Sorry for my english

Originally Posted by superjunior View Post
Great Work !!!
Is it possible for the next Version/Update to display the Calendarname in different colors ( i have 3 Calendar ) or change the fontcolor of the entries ?

This is an awesome idea. It would be nice to differentiate a work calendar from a personal calendar at a glance!

To add to the feature request, I would like to have tasks in the feed and also feed on the lock screen.

thanks a lot for this application.

Would it be possible to add an option to add calendar entries to the standby screen, so that you don't have to unlock, swipe to Feeds and see what your next activity is?
It would be nice to just double-tap the screen or push the unlock button, and see what your next appointment is. (something like the music controls that were added in PR1.1,they're also in the standby screen)

edit: woops didn't see the last sentence in the previous post, looks like we're asking for the same thing. there you go, 2 votes already for this feature

Last edited by sgentils; 2011-11-25 at 12:32. Reason: question already asked

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Noticed the title of the thread's wrong....
Name of the app's Calendar Feed, but in the title you've called it Organiser Feed.
The name was changed to Organiser Feed (I have hopefully updated all references in the original post now).

Thanks for the reply.

I find the app complete. Nevertheless some features that might be useful:

- show an small alarm icon next to the time if the event has an alarm setting
Might be doable (although I'm not entirely sure if it will work).

- add thp's hack as a setting, i.e.: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4925
Pretty much impossible as it requires root privileges for that. I don't think the Nokia Store will give those permissions.

Originally Posted by superjunior View Post

Great idea. I'm thinking about prefixing the event title with a thin rectangle which has the colour of the calender (just like in the organiser).

Originally Posted by rexii23 View Post
To add to the feature request, I would like to have tasks in the feed and also feed on the lock screen.
Although it is possible at the moment (to push notifications on the event screen) they won't show the correct time (this feature was added to meegotouch in git already so it could be that this gets included in PR 1.2). I'll have to experiment a bit with that feature (e.g. if several items get auto-grouped and so on) and come up with some solution when to push them (e.g. push the day's upcoming items to the screen at midnight or early morning).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post: