hey. ive had this problem before. when i send and receive extreme number of text messages at once, sometimes the messaging doesnt work.like it hangs. i restart it and open, it shows some of my messages and some are not shown which the ones ive sent. and the ones which are shown are yet still sending with the arrow icon for like half an hour. i dont get messages in between. after like some time like 30 mins i restart my phone and then it starts to get all the messages at once and mine are sent as well. this is a common problem with my friend as well. is it a network problem that they might not be able to handle such messages in massive amount? or is it something with the phone? ive heard this from a couple of people using n900.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Sometimes the el-v1 database becomes corrupted and one or more specific threads can no longer be viewed. If you're handy with sqlite you could pick over the file and figure it out, otherwise the easiest way is simply to delete it and start over.

One or two N900's could not flood the SMS component of the network, you don't have enough bandwidth on the air gap to saturate the SS7 link good sir :-) Though if you had a hundred or so friends gathered around the cell tower you might be in with a good chance.

Given the ease with which it is possible to corrupt the conversations database, I wouldn't be at all surprised that heavy use of the application itself leads to hanging.

In an xterm:

rm -rf /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
killall rtcom-messaging-ui

If your messages are important to you, don't do the above - it will clear all conversations.

Last edited by dchky; 2011-05-13 at 13:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
ok thanks. its worth keeping the n900 than keeping conversations

Tags
pearls to swine, rm -rf /