Everytime I connect my N9 to my laptop, it tells me that there is not enough power to charge it, so is there any way to connect N9 to computer without charging it?
sorry that my English is bad
thank you all

use wlan SDK

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
there is. see: ssh & sftp.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

Change your USB cable to a shorter cable so it won't tell you there is not enough power to charge but it will start charging so I don't know if that is what you want or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Atlanta
Shorter cable won't make a difference.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Sometimes I have this message but the phone charges anyway.

Originally Posted by fignew View Post
Shorter cable won't make a difference.
Have you tried it? The original cable which came with my N9 won't charge from my i7 PC with the error message but I use a shorter cable from my old Samsung and it charges fine. Shorter cable has less resistance to the small USB current so technically there is no surprise here.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
@Fallenzone what is wlan SDK, more details please
@Aranel what is ssh & sftp, more details please
@SamGan, I don't want it to charge because it seems that after charging by the laptop the batttery's draining a lot

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
What is it you want to do? For transferring GiB's of data there's no real alternative to the cable - wlan will be slower. But if you need to transfer a few photos or something like that, use bluetooth. For the stuff in between, use SSH/SCP over WLAN as mentioned here. The latter will require some IT-expertise tho.

Or, get another laptop. A laptop not being able to supply the required 500mA on its USB ports is kinda sad...

how you connect to laptop? Select Mass Storage and check.

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520