Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina, USA
Forget the Power Kernel and over clocking crap. I installed the C-SSU and ever since my N900 has run the way it was designed to. Thanks to all who make this device the best out there.

Dell 1420 Linux Mint 9
Nokia N900 Maemo5/NITdroid

The Following User Says Thank You to davbost For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by davbost View Post
Forget the Power Kernel and over clocking crap. I installed the C-SSU and ever since my N900 has run the way it was designed to. Thanks to all who make this device the best out there.
Why not have both?

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Why not have both?
And risk screwing things up? If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Dell 1420 Linux Mint 9
Nokia N900 Maemo5/NITdroid

The Following User Says Thank You to davbost For This Useful Post:
I don't think it is 'crap', with power kernel, one can get more battery life while not overclocking the CPU -- so it does have advantage. If I am not mistaken, the stock firmware actually uses a higher voltage to drive the CPU to run at 600, then some of the higher CPU clockrate with the power kernel -- so one would make a case that if you run N900 at the stock CPU clock range, you would do LESS damage.

cheers,

Last edited by cheve; 2011-03-11 at 03:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheve For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to make orientation works the way the stock photo app handles photo -- that is when you rotate the unit while a photo is being displayed, the displayed photo would be rotated along with it? It may not have much value but it is a 'cool' effect imo.

cheers,

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
And risk screwing things up? If it aint broke, dont fix it.
Depends on how you define broken.

-Shorter battery life
-Slower
-No IPv6
-No NAT
-No USB host mode

I have been using kernel-power for almost year now without any problems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Email client doesn`t crash with the new update ( well, at least so far!)....everything seems a little faster , overall a great update!!!

btw, i recall CTRL+ENTER used to work in the email client for sending emails. it doesn't work now. broken??

http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Shortcuts_and_Gestures

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
hmmm... noticed that the web sometimes crashes too though not consistently... but never had the web crash that often.. rebooted the phone, and everything seemed to work ok now... at the same time, the vkb also was not working (the default one) and the same reboot fixed it...

Hmm... looks like the crashing of contacts isn't consistent.. it seems 100% fine now after testing and switching between allcontacts/availability viewing options... guess it's just an isolated case.

I have not gotten modest crashing MORE often or anything like that...

I do have to say though... the sometimes, kinetic scrolling doesn't seem too smooth SOMETIMES only... sometimes after switching CPU clocks, it does sorta hang sometimes... but after a while, it's ok and back to normal

The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
Hey does anyone got this weird Grey screen like i did today...
Happened to me once, it was just blue instead of grey, I guess it depends on the theme you use. But if I remember correctly, it happened prior to the CSSU install...

However, one thing that definitely wasn't happening prior to CSSU, not ever since the PR1.3, is the problem with the Media Player widget's play button not working after a restart. It can be solved by removing and adding the widget again, but before that the play button is useless. Can anyone confirm that?

In addition, a wierd thing happened to me twice today - after a while the aforementioned widget 'broke', and re-adding it didn't work, and even when I went to the Media Player itself, it still refused to play, eventually popping out that something is using the audio device or something like that then spinning the songs in rapid succession, and nothing short of restarting wouldn't fix it. That has never happened before, and even the widget itself would rarely break since I've updated obexd/libopenobex (it used to break from time to time when used via my car's BT infotainment system), now it acts worse than even PR1.1 which, at least in my case, made the widget almost unusable...

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade