Hi all,

I have lately installed a kernel-power on my N900.
I have lowered the energy consumption to xlv.
But my camera isn't working.
I get the message "operation failed".
I have looked it up on other threads, they say that you have to remove blessn900 or other camera app's and reboot my device.
But i have done that, and it's still the same.
I don't want to downgrade the kernel-power.
Any suggestions?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Raise your voltages, i.e. use LV profile or better make a profile suitable for your device.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
this is no expert advise but have you tried installing the latest FCamera from devel?

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried setting the voltage to lv, but it didn't help.
I also don't know how to make a custom voltage.
And about the updated Fcamera in devel, i couldn't find it.
My main reason for lowering the voltage is because my device spontaneously reboots.
And it won't boot up again until i put out it's battery and put it back in again.
So i lowered my voltage to xlv so it won't spontaneously reboot.
But it's still doing that, so i haven't got any success from this linux kernel-power.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
What is wrong with you man? You have reboots out of the blue because of overclocking/undervolting and you are LOWERING THE VOLTAGE? I am impressed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I would suggest You to lower voltage to 0 in every frequency - this way You gonna not experience *any* reboots. Guaranteed.

Ho ever, if You prefer less radical solutions, using stock voltage settings is recommended. Undervolting shouldn't be done by people that don't got a clue. And, I'm not trying to insult You in any way - I'm 100% serious. This time.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
What is wrong with you man? You have reboots out of the blue because of overclocking/undervolting and you are LOWERING THE VOLTAGE? I am impressed.
Man i'm lowering the voltage because before all this i installed kernel power but did nothing with it and it was just rebooting my device all the time. I red people on threads that have been saying that undervolting would help.
So i had done that.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I would suggest You to lower voltage to 0 in every frequency - this way You gonna not experience *any* reboots. Guaranteed.

Ho ever, if You prefer less radical solutions, using stock voltage settings is recommended. Undervolting shouldn't be done by people that don't got a clue. And, I'm not trying to insult You in any way - I'm 100% serious. This time.
Nice one, and a year long battery life too. Sweet tip bro. Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

My reason for undervolting my device is because the battery is getting empty to fast.
But while doing that, my device is doing weird reboots all the time.
Please i need a good solution which will stop rebooting my device, saving energy and the camera has to work.
Thanks everyone for the help until now.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
and maybe you have installed fcam? or another camera app?