Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
whats default on the n900? are people still using the stock nokia image or do all users switched to cssu. also whats the state of the qml-components for the n900?

phil
You should assume there's some users that switched to CSSU, and others not yet noticed they should have done.
Anyway for you as an app-developer there are definitely no differences you need to take care of, since CSSU is 100% compatible to stock maemo regarding all 'usual' apps (== those that don't need CSSU-only functions like portrait mode or whatever, or have to deal with new features like multiple partitions on uSD which might be relevant for filemanagers etc)

btw thanks for (N900-)Fahrplan, it's still one of the apps I use most, right after dialer and xchat.
Fahrplan still doesn't check for accuracy of GPS fix, so you could start searching for your location while "fix" says you're somewhere 3000km off from where you actually are, but hey... patience is a good workaround. *)
However a means for *stopping* GPS when you don't close Fahrplan since you want to look at the route during travel would help a lot to save battery. Probably you could stop your location request (which in turn starts GPS) as soon as (and as long as) user opens route detail display. Then re-enable it when user closed detail view and returns to main screen

*) [edit] maybe a permanently visible icon in top bar of Fahrplan showing actual *accuracy* of GPS fix, instead of the notifier "GPS now available", was a feasible solution to this issue.

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-12-09 at 00:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
@Mk4ever:
sorry i'm quite busy with other stuff (mostly work) and simply out of the loop whats going on at the n900 side.

I tried porting the fahrplan2 to the n900 but i'm not sure about the gui.

whats default on the n900? are people still using the stock nokia image or do all users switched to cssu. also whats the state of the qml-components for the n900?

phil
As for the current state for N900, I don't come here as often as I should, but I think most of those who still use N900 as their primary device are using CSSU, myself included.

As for the qml-components, I am sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about. I am not an advanced user in any way.

Personally, I am back from Sweden. My Android resumed working on its own when I was there, So I used an application (resplan, I think) that depended on the website resrobot.se. In my opinion it was better than vasttrafik, but right now I don't remember the reason that led me to this conclusion back then.

Thank you for your response and your interest. Highly appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mk4ever For This Useful Post:
2.0.10 is now available in the store.

Side note: I could not directly update from the store (error: already installed). I had to uninstall the old version and then could (re)install the new version.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Since Store apps are supposed to update automatically nowadays, I suppose it's something about the .deb version not being properly incremented?

It should update automatically. If it doesn't, it's a bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to evujumenuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
If you installed it manually through a deb file, automatic update might fail.
I am not sure about it but I expirienced something similair with my apps before.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
I used the Store and it doesn't automatically upgrade.

Seriously, having a repo for each app and files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ would have been a more robust solution...

The Following User Says Thank You to evujumenuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Which version is for n900
Downloaded fahrplan2_2_416981.0.10_armel.deb from Ovi store, but i dont have the right dependencies installed,
actually i have fahrplan v0.0.29 running on my N900..

Here the installation log:
Code:
~/MyDocs $ sudo dpkg -i fahrplan2_2_416981.0.10_armel.deb 
Selecting previously deselected package fahrplan2.
(Reading database ... 26307 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking fahrplan2 (from fahrplan2_2_416981.0.10_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of fahrplan2:
 fahrplan2 depends on applauncherd-launcher; however:
  Package applauncherd-launcher is not installed.
 fahrplan2 depends on libqtm-organizer (>= 1.2.1+193+0m6); however:
  Package libqtm-organizer is not installed.
dpkg: error processing fahrplan2 (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
 fahrplan2
~/MyDocs $
Tried installing libqtm-organizer and applauncherd-launcher, but getting further dependencie-errors... one of those is libmeegotouchcore0, so i think it is an n9 version of fahrplan...

/edit: okay, i found a page back, 0.0.29 is the latest version for the n900..
BUT: after searching for an route, i cannot see the details, getting an error (using the application in german) "Beim öffnen der Details ist ein Fehler aufgetreten."
Using fahrplan via terminal does not give any better informations.. only " ===== Debug: 1" and so on with different numbers
Tried using wifi and UMTS, resulting in identical errors.

Last edited by Russe89; 2012-12-15 at 14:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Russe89 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
If you installed it manually through a deb file, automatic update might fail.
Yes, but in this case I had updated to 2.0.9 and earlier through the store already and it had worked fine. Only 2.0.10 fails.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Germany
Same with me!

Originally Posted by Russe89 View Post
...BUT: after searching for an route, i cannot see the details, getting an error (using the application in german) "Beim öffnen der Details ist ein Fehler aufgetreten."

Version 0.0.29 on N900
It seems that further requests to DeutscheBahn don't work anymore. Selecting route and time is possible and you will get a result - but a querry for details to the suggested route will fail.

In Terminal:

Code:
===== Debug: Fahrplan start =====================
===== Debug:  Initialisisation done ================
===== Debug: 1
===== Debug: httpDataReadProgress: 7845 / 0
===== Debug: 17
I checked the source but couldn't make sense of it :-(
Any suggestions?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to groxx For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem with 0.0.29. 2.x for N900 would be fantastic!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvogel For This Useful Post: