Notices

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Yes, https on a custom port for me too please

The server side media re-encoding thing is a, euh, server side thing. Browse to your server, select the player you want and change the setting. Or log in as admin and change the default....

Originally Posted by petur View Post
The server side media re-encoding thing is a, euh, server side thing. Browse to your server, select the player you want and change the setting. Or log in as admin and change the default....
Ok, rephrasing: be able to select the player or create a new one with the ability to select the option for media re-encoding.

I don't want to set it as default as at home the original format is ok, but when I'm running it away from home, especially with my phone, I need to be able to select the player configured to re-encode without having to go to the admin web site with a browser.

Great news, if you have anything to test on n900 just shout...

What do you mean with local playback? Files on the n900? Don't need that, I need to play the stuff that's on my NAS (running subsonic). No need for radio streams either, the build-in mediaplayer can handle that too.

Thanks for the work!

Trying to type fast, am supposed to be working at the moment.

Nope, I meant locally to the network, and not over the internet. So, I wouldn't need things like track pre-loading, but others may (will be put in anyway, as I already have the code written for it. Just need to integrate it.)

I'll get a test deb up ASAP.

Yep, really good news.

Same for me, I would love to be able to connect to my subsonic server (https if possible, with specific port) and play either single file or a full directory streamed form the server.

An important feature for me would be to have an option to select server media re-encoding, as I've ripped my CDs using FLAC and unfortunately my upload bandwidth is a bit limited for streaming FLAC.

Anyway, thanks for the work, would be happy to help and test (I'm a Qt developer too, mostly on desktop but have Qt Sdk ready to test on my N9).
I believe that transcoding is supported in the API. I think that it may need to be enabled server side though.

By "full directory", does that include subdirectories?

Definitely need to get some usability testing for this in order to determine the best UI elements. I prefer the approach of:

artist -> album(optional: Play whole album. Clears Now Playing, and replaces with all tracks in album) -> track -> play track(all tracks in playlist cleared. Replaced with this track to end of album) -> track finishes -> will automatically play next track.
but am unsure if this approach would be better for the community:

artist -> album (optional: add album to Now Playing) -> track (clicking adds to NowPlaying, and auto plays if nothing present)
etc.

The first one is already implemented as it's my preferred, but if it is the general consensus that the second approach is better, I'll re-think it.

Thanks.

https connection now working. Just need to create the nowPlaying page, and I think I'll upload a deb here. Girlfriend is out shopping today, so will do it when I get back from work.

Or, I could create a permanent now playing bar at the bottom of each page. Maybe both! I'll see how I feel about it later.

Any suggestions welcome, as always.

EDIT: Will test out the transcoding today too.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2012-03-28 at 08:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Nope, I meant locally to the network, and not over the internet.
Must be blind, not seeing the difference. Network is network, right?

Must be blind, not seeing the difference. Network is network, right?
Example:

To the local network, streaming to your device will very likely be a consistent experience. No signal dropouts etc.

But if you're on your phone and on a train/bus etc, you're going to get frequent drops of your signal. So, whilst song one is playing, download song two instead of waiting for song one to finish and THEN downloading it. Then, when song one has finished, play song two from the filesystem.

It's one of the methods of overcoming the spotty coverage I get in my area (and I'm sure many others have this issue).

But that was just one feature example, given as an idea similar to what people should suggest and shouldn't be read too much into.

Sorry my wording is a bit off, in work at the moment.

ah, ok, buffering / preloading... would be great

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi. I was wondering how's the project is going on? I can't get Aerofy to work with N900 or N9. Any progression?

Yup, sorry about the lack of movement. Work, life etc.

I would like to upload a deb after I wake (5:10am here). Not much in it, it's an older build because my dev computer is nowhere near me atm.

If some people could test it and get back to me regarding playback, playlists (playlists just are not working on my computer) etc, it'd be great. Also, let me know whatever you think is missing.

Be as critical as possible!

Could the people that want to test post here, so I can privately message the deb? Not quite ready for open testing.

Thanks,

Alex

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm interested to test it in N900 and in N9.