Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Haven't forgotten, have this pg bookmarked, will prolly do today, using the info I was given.
It's not going to happen, but you "gotta be in it to win it"... I guess...

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Nope javispedro has said it "may" be possible, but he's not 100% sure until he has a N9 to test.
The hw's there, tis just the antenna config that may cause issues, working well in practice needs to be tested.
He's ruled-out the N950 as it doesn't have the right hw, let alone proper antenna config...

As for BT4.0, I was told by someone internal that it was actually very close to being done.
They told me what remained (cant recall OTTOMH) and suggested I file a enhancement request.
Been meaning to for a mth+ but I fear it'll be a waste of time, will prolly do it in a day or so, inc. the info I have.
Well... I left that one way too late didn't I
Not that it would have made any difference

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Well... I left that one way too late didn't I
Not that it would have made any difference
Don't despair just yet: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1077

But I wonder why the title was changed from BT4.0 back to BT3.0.

Still I doubt whether this will ever see the light of day. It would again be a feature which the N9 has and all the WP's don't - as if bluetooth on Windows Phone isn't utterly laughable as it is.

Also, Apple beat them to it: the iPad 3 (or whatever its hipster name is) has bluetooth 4.0 support.

Bah. This whole windows phone-thing is doing more damage to the N9 than meets the eye.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Don't despair just yet: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1077

But I wonder why the title was changed from BT4.0 back to BT3.0.

Still I doubt whether this will ever see the light of day. It would again be a feature which the N9 has and all the WP's don't - as if bluetooth on Windows Phone isn't utterly laughable as it is.

Also, Apple beat them to it: the iPad 3 (or whatever its hipster name is) has bluetooth 4.0 support.

Bah. This whole windows phone-thing is doing more damage to the N9 than meets the eye.
Title looks fine to me now....
Thank God someone got off their arse & did it, after seeing me talk about it.
Thanks mate, I'll add what info. I have and can find to that ticket.

I filed the bug report. Had a moment of madness at one point and thought the N9's hardware was only BT 3, but I changed it back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dead1nside For This Useful Post: