Notices

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
This one night I got a feature idea. I was sleeping and heard that I got a message. But I thought that I can read it in the morning. But then, 5 minutes later (my set notification intervall) after I had fallen asleep again, Call Nofify notified me of the message. And woke me up again.

The new feature would be that the call notify would turn itself off in between set times, for example between 01am and 07am. That would be usefull, as I still don't want to turn my phone silent for the night as I might get important calls for example.

I just installed Call Notify from Extra-devel and whenever I try to apply any settings it tells me Internal error. Application Settings closed.

Does anyone have any idea?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
Hi

There is a bug.
If my phone is in absolute silent mode (no sound, no vibration), callnotify vibrates after 5 minutes, but should not when vibration is disabled.

regards, Andi

Originally Posted by pyther View Post
I just installed Call Notify from Extra-devel and whenever I try to apply any settings it tells me Internal error. Application Settings closed.

Does anyone have any idea?
Well I reinstalled call notify and now it is working without a problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to pyther For This Useful Post:
This is exactly the app i've been looking for and its very similar to an app i used on my WinMo called Re-remind. A few features from re-remind that I liked were:

Ability to change the notification tone (i prefer a distinct beep only).
Ability to change the volume (like i said, distinct beep)
Disable at certain times of day
Also notify on missed calendar events

I hope you can add these on the next version.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Twin Cities
I tried installing and re-installing but I keep getting the same 'System Error. Application "Settings" closed.' message.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Twin Cities
Originally Posted by pyther View Post
Well I reinstalled call notify and now it is working without a problem.
I'm wondering if something else I installed is borking the app.

I'll reflash the phone and install it first.

Is there a way that a dump/log file can be coaxed out when it fails and sent to the developer?

Think I got a problem with Callnotify.

It's happened on a few occasions, that when I clear my call log Callnotify will spring into life and tell me I've got missed calls, at least I think it is.

Small telephone receiver and curved arrow flashes alternately and I get the double ping. Can't get rid of it unless I restart the phone.

Anyone else noticed anything like this.

Originally Posted by raholco View Post
I tried installing and re-installing but I keep getting the same 'System Error. Application "Settings" closed.' message.
happen to me too..it didnt before but i install it after flash my emmc and did a nice clean install it but internel error..any idea?

no matter what i do i still get internal error, just nice and clean format my device then install callnotify still didnt work.

Last edited by ryanl33x1511; 2010-08-05 at 06:50.

Originally Posted by raholco View Post
Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
happen to me too..it didnt before but i install it after flash my emmc and did a nice clean install it but internel error..any idea?

no matter what i do i still get internal error, just nice and clean format my device then install callnotify still didnt work.
This happened to me after a reflash, I tried deleting:
/home/user/.cache/launch/com.nokia.controlpanel.pvr
and that seemed to help sort thing out, can't ganantee anything but it might help.