Posts: 56 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spokane, WA
I love my mine. I'd do it over again with what I've experienced so far.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Naturally... all good and praise must be a rampant lie from paid employees and all bad and negative must be the truth . Nobody ever exaggerates when they complain about something....
But a exaggerated complaint can be rebutted with truth and facts, a exaggerated praise shouldn't be allowed as well and again will always be rebutted by facts and truth. Also, who said anything about employee post ? Are they doing that ? Would be despicable if true.

Believe it or not... some people do actually like what they bought.. and it does everything they need... you mention no front facing camera - what about people who don't use it? You expect them to come here raving that the device sucks because it lacked something that they never use or care about?
So, because it doesn't affect you or other who don't need if those of use that weighed the FF cam into consideration before buying are SOL ?

And for the record I never expected any one to rant or "raving" as you put it. I expect people to acknowledge the device shortcomings and problems. A proper response would be "well I can see where your coming from but I don't need the FF cam so I can't factor that into my assestment of the n900. However I can see how that could be a problem for those of you who did."

That's my expectation if I have any, this way people interested with need of a ff cam know what to expect. Those not in need can ignore it and buy a n900 if it suits them. Is that too much to ask ? Or is attacking more valued in this community ?

Come on. I don't have the device, and am not saying it's perfect - but I've spent quite a bit of time on these forums (cleaning out the entire New Posts once or twice) - and there is quite a well defined line of things that a group of people dislike and are missing, and in contrast a good number of users here that don't miss any of those missing features at all.
But when attack & praise posts implies that it's perfect or must not be discussed mustn't that be addressed ? If I feel that the n900 is being unjustifiably attacked I'll respond but I always try to understand the "perspective" before I post and not "assume" that the soul intent is to misrepresent the n900.

Out of nowhere it went from no problems here posts, I'm a fan post (fine imo) to "the best spent 588$ ever and yes this thread should be deleted, its useless "(doesn't seem credible imo) "if free navigation does not come to n900 I'm disappointed in my purchase "(while I understand it was never promised) "Right, im sorry, can you please stop creating stupid threads over and over again about "N900 is sh*t, Do you regret buying it, Do you regret spending money." (Wow, just changed the entire tone of the thread) and so on and etc. Which are not ok imo, if the topic annoys you ignore it.

You could easily scare of potential buyers and convince people who otherwise would have made great contributions to the community it's not worth it.

Neither group is being any more "truthful".. it's called perspective.
If ones perspective falls onto the opposite side of facts or lack their of, then what do you call it ? Isn't it more rationale to understand the perspective before bashing it ? I've given you a example of what I had a problem with, you should understand my argument better.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
All that money? The N900 is the cheapest computer I've ever bought! How can that be "all that money"?

Originally Posted by Palleman View Post
All that money? The N900 is the cheapest computer I've ever bought! How can that be "all that money"?
I've bought cheaper. The N900 is far more useful and portable. It even has more storage space (than my now unused Aspire One.)

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
I received mine for free, but I would've bought one from Dell, no doubt. Oh, and I LOVE it. I've had no problems with it.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
It's not only the cheapest computer I've ever bought, it's also got the most performance/cubic centimeter I've ever had.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by Safao View Post
Sometimes i think i should it waited for the next Nokia flagship phone running Maemo 6 instead of this beta N900 with Maemo 5

Maybe Nokia's next update will make think differently.
Honestly i'm very happy with this device, its getting better and better every day.

But... those rumors saying that Maemo 6 will not be supported scares me a little...

I'd still buy it if it costed me 2.000$

Originally Posted by Safao View Post
Sometimes i think i should it waited for the next Nokia flagship phone running Maemo 6 instead of this beta N900 with Maemo 5

Maybe Nokia's next update will make think differently.
My 2 sons wanted iphones for Christmas and I bought them each a 3GS. At the same time I bought the N900 for myself. The iphones are neat toys with such a cool appearance, 1000's of apps and the kids love them. In the past 6 weeks they have only played and handful of games. This tells me that for most phone users the iphone would be a good choice because they really only want a phone.

The N900 is a completely different beast. I like the pocket computer and functionality of easy switching from news to contacts to email to conversations when I grab a few spare minutes in an otherwise hectic day.

If I had not bought the iphones to compare I would not have realised how much better the N900 is. I am not a techie programmer type but after reading the great threads on here I am hoping to learn how to insert different codes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wellsolv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
I'd still buy it if it costed me 2.000$
DOH! Don't let that hear Nokia!