Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
At the very least, whoever started the thread should be able to remove tags regardless of who added them...

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Oh come on... do we need regulations for everything? It wasn't before the tag-spamming in the "n810 is useless"-thread that I knew tags existed at all. (Or was it another thread before tagged with "n900-hardcase"-tags? Can't remember...) anyway, it was recently, and it were tags that only caught my attention because they made me smile a bit. So now I know we have tags in this forum. These spam-tags were useful for me.

They may be gone again in 2 weeks, and I don't think they did any harm so far. Get back to this when there really is a problem that needs to be dealt with. Discussing it now seems overly bureaucratic to me. We don't need to run a business here. It's a web-forum. It is made for such things.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
This kind of 'humor' blurs the tag cloud though. Its also potentially confusing for a new comer. It also makes tags less functional. If a majority of users prefer it, so be it. Problem is that right now every user can add 2 (nonsense) tags to every thread and these tags are not verified. If you compare that to Slashdot only the most popular tags are shown instead. While here tagging is encouraged its apparently not used in the right way in some threads.
There's a tag cloud? Where?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Tag cloud: http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/tags.php

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Isn't the tag cloud supposed to be somewhere visible? This kinda defeats the purpose.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Well, we know who's tagging the n900 hardcase nonsense.
It's called activism. A hard case on the N900 will solve all of the problems of globalization. And it will increase the pH of acid rain.

(I just deleted all mine, the couple that are left are by someone else.)

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Isn't the tag cloud supposed to be somewhere visible? This kinda defeats the purpose.
Click search > Tag search. It's not in the most convenient location, but it's there.

Well I for one would like to know who's searching for forum posts on "N810 gives head"

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I found no evidence in this forum that it does, so I stick with my N800 and wait what the next device brings...

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
I found no evidence in this forum that it does, so I stick with my N800 and wait what the next device brings...
I don't even know what to say to that. But isn't this a little too much? I've noticed the tags before and at times laughed at some of them. Putting stupid tags on a thread is childish but they aren't really hurting anyone. I have never put a tag on a thread but I am half tempted to now just knowing that I can. ANYWAYS, I don't think we should be taking ourselves too awfully serious here, they are just little words at the bottom of the page that most people don't even notice.

The Following User Says Thank You to verumgero For This Useful Post:

Tags
forum moderation, noise, spam, tag & spam, tag spam, tags