Hi,

I am getting problem that Uable to use sim in the device. My sim is perfectly ok and works in other handset. Can any body help me out. Even I have tried out to update the software then also same problem. Even I am getting another message "All telephony functions including emergency calls ............................. "

I m fedup. I have just brought this piece 1yrs back and the warranty is also over. When taken to Nokia care they said Rs 5500/- will be the charges to send to their head office as they could also not get the problem.

Help me if any body has the solution. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Have you tried to put another SIM Card in the phone and see if that was readable?

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
ya..better use some hard paper..

dude... i think you should consider replacing your phone, i had the same problem. putting a piece of paper behind sim is a temporary solution.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by da.redgaonkar View Post
Hi,

I am getting problem that Uable to use sim in the device. My sim is perfectly ok and works in other handset. Can any body help me out. Even I have tried out to update the software then also same problem. Even I am getting another message "All telephony functions including emergency calls ............................. "

I m fedup. I have just brought this piece 1yrs back and the warranty is also over. When taken to Nokia care they said Rs 5500/- will be the charges to send to their head office as they could also not get the problem.

Help me if any body has the solution. Thanks in advance.
SIM quit working all at once on my current N900 a while back. No sign of any damage, and complete reflash was no help. Neither was padding. Very frustrating, and I don't know of a solution.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
try keeping a piece of paper behind the sim.. this will push the similar to make proper contact...
I had a similar problem with my spare n900. Anyway I just tried that and hey presto (just like magic it WORKS!!!

So thanks muchly...

Hey Thanks for replying but I had tried to put another sim then also it does not work the same errormessage. Even I tried to put a piece of paper but of no use any other suggestion is appreciable. Or else I think I have to scrap down my cell. Feeling very upset bcoz only 1 1/2 year back I have bought it.

I placed a piece of foam rubber in between the sim tray and battery, so when the cover was on it pushed on the sim.
This worked very well but as my phone was still in warranty i sent it to nokia, who gave me a brand new N900

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
SIM quit working all at once on my current N900 a while back. No sign of any damage, and complete reflash was no help. Neither was padding. Very frustrating, and I don't know of a solution.
Does that make the third N900 that has died in your possession, or are there more?