Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
My mail app refuses to download attachments - when i tap on the attachment it indicates to load and shows download completed - what I tap again to open it shows a white site with "plain text ..." doesn't matter if it was a doc, a pdf, a pic, ...

In documents app nothing shows up - after that it shows "download failed" in Mail app and the attachment is greyed out ...

If I now choose "forwarding" for the mail it asks "should the attachments be downloaded" and if I agree it works and they are shown afterwards in the documents app

any ideas? - happens to both of my accounts (not really sure since when - i know it worked sometimes) both are EAS - didn't try it with IMAP

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Uninstalled documents app, deleted mail attachments folder in downloads, rebooted several times - still the same behavior - it doesn't load the attachments by tapping on them but works perfectly when forwarding the message - very weird

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
"Works for me, problem is your device"

Seriously, no idea. It does work for me. I cannot give you a definite answer but I can tell you what I would try if that happened to me. Delete all accounts, uninstall Mail, delete /home/nemo/Downloads/mail_attachments, reinstall.

That is what I would try. I cannot promise it will work.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Depending on the attachment, it sometimes takes considerable time for the phone to render the document. I have found PDFs to be the worst. If they contain text, good, if there are lots of pictures, bad. There have been cases when I have just given up and waited to reach a computer to check it out. Most of the time when this happens, nothing appears on the screen and when the document starts to appear, I usually see content (some of it at least) quite soon, usually with the difficult cases it takes long time to see a screenfull and when you try to scroll, it takes ages to see the next screen.

"Tabula rasa" appears seldom. Most of the time viewing attachments works fine.

Both .docx and .odt work. Nice.

But to actually help you, I have no Idea. Naturally, if you have developer mode active, you could try to look into the logs while trying to view the attachment.