Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Today suddenly my Jolla won't open any more Android Apps - It show's loading-tile for a few seconds and nothing more :-(

Tried to uninstall Android support and reinstall (with and without reboot) but it refuses to work - worked as a charm until yesterday and only thing I did was updating MeeCast Daemon - and this could not be related

any ideas

Last edited by elastic; 2015-02-08 at 13:26.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
devel-su
pkcon remove aliendalvik
rm -rf /opt/alien
pkcon install aliendalvik

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
And check, if the package 'apkd' is installed. If not, install it.
For me it got somehow removed two times already and reinstallation of Android Support didn't solve the problem.
The symptoms are are the same.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
And check, if the package 'apkd' is installed. If not, install it.
For me it got somehow removed two times already and reinstallation of Android Support didn't solve the problem.
The symptoms are are the same.
Hell yeah - this was the solution - why could they be removed ... never thought about that -- thx :-)

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
I'm glad, I could help you

We should find the root of this problem, I think... Have you uninstalled some apps before Android stopped working?

I have the feeling, that some Android app removes this package upon uninstallation...

I think I removed the Aptoide Store before this happened... will test this again...

Edit: I am not able to reproduce this... Tried same steps as last time, it got removed (tried to install xposed framework)...

Last edited by ejjoman; 2015-02-08 at 14:24.

Yes, I removed an app but from the Jolla Store (but indeed an android port) - the younited app - as the service was sold to US ...

maybe it happens by removing android apps which were installed from Jolla store ...