Originally Posted by arkona View Post
Just for comedy value, my favourite is whenever I try to type "here" but instead hit "hete" by mistake, it suggests "heterosexual"!? I am certain I have never typed that word in a text/email! I have no idea where it gets that from?

I have to carefully read what is being typed or it could be very embarrassing...
Mine tried to say "heterosexuality" .....

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Need some devs to jump on this thread and see if they can help out, its a pretty serious issue. An all touch device NEEDS a properly functional auto-correction service.

Unlike the joke we have atm.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
With all this and yet we don't have a thread dedicated for auto-correct screenshots

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
I have found that the N9 autocorrector, never suggests a shorter word that the one that has been written, even when it is more probable. This is a key hint to start with

The Following User Says Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
With all this and yet we don't have a thread dedicated for auto-correct screenshots
Or a website

Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
I have found that the N9 autocorrector, never suggests a shorter word that the one that has been written, even when it is more probable. This is a key hint to start with
I too have noticed this. A rather unsual design for an auto-correct system..

My Contributions

Anybody?

*bump*

My Contributions

+1 on this, i like the stock keyboard but the autocorrect seems bugged. and swype is laggy

I must bump this! PR 1.3 made it even worse!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sad to say, part of the reason n9 sits in the drawer. iPhone blows it away when it comes to auto correction and even typing.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
For xterm, you should try FingerTerm, a program available in the Store. It isn't perfect, but it helps.

I hope that the N9 keyboard problems eventually are solved, as most of the N900 ones were.

Tags
autocomplete, dictionary, keyboard, virtual.fix