Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Ubuntu OFC, Tizen as well they need all the support they can get. And Jolla as soon as they refund us.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
the thing is, no support for jolla = no refund. Support Jolla and buy in the future the Intex/Turing Smartphone. Jolla get Money.... money what yours is

Ubuntu= Nope! Less apps than Jolla!
Tizen? Nope! Tizen looks like Android...boring!

Last edited by cvp; 2016-05-20 at 08:28.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
All talk about scam and other angry things aside... my question is what will folks go to next?
I'm still hoping Jolla will announce a tablet partnership with some hardware vendor. In the meantime I'm waiting what Goole's coming Nexus tablet models will provide because the battery of my old tablet is starting to show its age. I want regular and long support cycle for updates so that is why I'm looking for Nexus models.

And I'm continuing to use Jolla phone1. TRI's Sailfish phone is physically too large so I will probably skip it.

Woot, received my first refund!

Jolla Asia Limited sent you $114.50 USD
Transaction ID: 8C421549CU4137725

Dear MINKIN2,

Just thought you'd like to know Jolla Asia Limited sent you $114.50 USD.
Note from sender, Jolla Asia Limited:

This is the 1st half of your refund amount. Thanks for supporting the Jolla Tablet project.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Right now I've pretty much given up on finding a device that is close to my N900 linux wise. So for now, my guess is that my refund, if I ever get it, will serve as a down payment towards a Note 6. If the rumoured specs hold up or are remotely close it will be about the best out there in terms of hardware. I like using pen features and Samsung cameras are quite good and getting better. Launchers are available that can be customized to give it, roughly, a feel like the N9 or Jolla phone if so desired. Android is more tolerable than it used to be and I can run all standard linux commands on it using chroot based approaches although you are limited pretty much to the chrooted environment that is set up. At least I have access to files on devices internal storage. Multitasking is not as good as N900 or Jolla phone. The other thing is that Jolla doesn't appear to be that interested in marketing in North America. It's focus seems more towards the east and emerging markets. That's all fine. They are trying to make the best business decision for themselves. I'm just trying to make the best of what options are available to me.

Last edited by mscion; 2016-05-20 at 13:45.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys, are we still waiting for split screen or do we have moved on to other devices with this feature?

Are we still intressted in collecting the price we won together?

To me they are a must until Jolla have fully refund users. Then they have absolutely no obligation left from the crowdfunding and can move on as they please, other than possibly destroy our user data or atleast not pass it forward.

And btw: money still stuck in pending even if they were withdrawn years ago. Mybee I have to confirm my account or something.

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-20 at 15:28.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
For split screen your choices are Samsung (maybe LG or some rooted devices using xposed modules) or next iteration of Android (called Android N for now)

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/19/11...n-new-features

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Guys, are we still waiting for split screen or do we have moved on to other devices with this feature?
I was never interested in split screen to begin with. Heck, the only time I have more than one app visible at a time on my desktop machines is when I have dual monitors connected to them.

Much more interesting to me is the ability to let apps continue to run in the background, something the N900 was almost unique in supporting...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Well, our money is still stuck in pending. Why? Do I have to do something in PayPal or can I blame Jolla?
Paypal MUST DIE!!! I am suprised anyone here use that crap as the same time you people say you not wanna use android cause of privacy reasons etc...

Paypal store your personal info on their site and if you wanna remove your account it is impossible if you for example has an invalid old email that does not work anymore.

I have tried several times to remove my account for years.

FU... that company dont use it.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Paypal MUST DIE!!! I am suprised anyone here use that crap as the same time you people say you not wanna use android cause of privacy reasons etc...

Paypal store your personal info on their site and if you wanna remove your account it is impossible if you for example has an invalid old email that does not work anymore.

I have tried several times to remove my account for years.

FU... that company dont use it.
Well. Jolla didnt gave us a lot of choices so you have the options Scamed by Jolla or scamed by PayPal.

...or scam yourself and give Jolla the money. Either way, consider yourself fully scamed.

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-20 at 20:49.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund