Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out as I've been having this problem and its really starting to itch

I have an N810 and a LG Viewty (on 3, with data Max addon). I'm trying to use the viewty as a bluetooth modem but to no avail.

I have paired the devices, I can transfer data between the two. Thats all fine, I have set up the data connection, and yes I have fixed the typo in the three.co.uk field.

I keep getting the same error. "Internet connection failed. Try Again?"

When I select the "3" connection, the connection indicators flashes as if its communicating. The bluetooth icon goes blue, as if its connected, then the error occurs.

So my connection details are as follows:

Connection Name: 3
Connection Type: Packet Data
Access Point Name: three.co.uk (typo removed)
Dial-Up Number: *99***1#
Username: Blank*
Password: Blank*

*Blank is blank, not the word blank

Can anyone help, I'm at my whits end and thinking of getting rid of this loverly phone because I really need a data connection with my N810.

Thanks in advance, props to anyone who can help me rectify this.

VanGratton

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Not sure if it's the same problem but this post helped me with 3(Austria)

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...2&postcount=11

Just try the additional AT command: at+cgatt=0

The rest is moreless Austria specific I think.

The Following User Says Thank You to GThreepwood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Try changing
Dial-Up Number: *99***1#
to
Dial-Up Number: *99#

The ***1 tells the phone to use it's first connection, which may or may not be the right connection. I am using this with three, and it works on a number of different phones.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply chaps.

I have tried both your suggestions. At the moment GThreepwood is ahead by a nose. Your AT command has got me connected to what I assume to be the internet connection on my phone. I say assume because on the phone the (child speak) little green H lights up for the HSDPA connection and a little computer network esq icon shows.

However, I don't seem to be able to connect to any web pages or email etc from the N810. Any further ideas?

pixel I also tried your Dial-Up number change and combined with the AT command both the Dial-Up numbers have the same effect. Connected but not working yet.

VanGratton

@vanGratton, did you get anywhere with this? I am currently trying to set up a friends's n800 to connect to three (via a skype phone) and having the same issues as you. Curiously, my n800 can quite happily connect to his phone, and his n800 can connect to my phone, both without the extra at command. His n800 will only connect to his skype phone with the at command, but that can't browse.

Ta

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
I just have the *99# in my settings, although this is on a nokia phone. I know on the 770 you had to set it to data call rather than packet data, but the 810 just has it all by default, apart from the *99# and the extra space in the three.co.uk.
Asking the dumb questions, is this an X-Series with the half gig data?

I have the mobile broadband lite.

My n800 can connect happily to my Sony Ericsson w950 and my friend's skype phone.

His n800 can connect happily to my Sony Ericsson, but _not_ his skype phone.

If I add the "at+cgatt=0" he can connect to his skype phone, but not browse. I have since determined that this is because he is not picking up the dns servers. I have set in a publicly accessible DNS server in his connection config, and he can now browse to public sites (like google) but not to three's sites

I've got a workaround. The connection isn't picking up the Three DNS servers. I have set them manually (taken from my n800 which does connect) and it browses fine, when used with the additional "at+cgatt=0" command

The Three DNS servers to set are:

You beautiful, beautiful man!

When it connected and wouldn't display web pages I thought it would be a DNS problem, but couldn't find the settings anywhere.

So everything is tickity-boo now. Ok just for others having this problem listed below are the complete settings.

Connection Name: 3
Connection Type: Packet Data
Access Point Name: three.co.uk (typo removed)
Dial-up number: *99#
Username: blank
Password: blank

Advanced
Auto-retrieve IP: checked
Auto-retrieve DNS: unchecked
DNS 1: 172.31.76.69
DNS 2: 172.31.140.69
Supplementary AT commands: at+cgatt=0

Again this connected my N810 with my LG Viewty on the 3 network.

Hope this helps anyone with problems. Enter those settings and shake your arse like its the 80's.

Props to everyone who helped, cheers!

VanGratton