Active Topics

Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out that MeeGo will be going head-head against Android.

MeeGo has certain advantages over Android, such as building a system with a MUCH better structure, better cross-compatibility, faster running applications, measures that minimize fragmentation, much more applications (if you think about the billions of already linux apps that may be ported) and finally a chance to start out with a much better user experience <<the big one!

None of those matter if people can only access a few MeeGo devices = less adoption = less developers = less development/tools/apps.

But hope remained after seeing how ambitious Nokia and Intel were, and how they made plans to bring MeeGo to Nth America (catalyzes adoption worldwide).

And now my hope is diminishing, I am slowly drawn to Android because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Llz...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6yY5...layer_embedded

What do you guys think?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
The intro in the first video was too painful to watch, so I didn't. The second, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. You are worried that you'll be left behind by eye-candy that adds no value over what you already have (and more) in your N900?

Progress happens. The grass always looks greener. North America - you've been outside lately right? Seriously. There's a whole big world out there, who cares about America.

Last edited by dchky; 2010-10-03 at 01:29.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
i love the way that the mass think nokia should win over america, its america that need to catch up with the rest of the world and stop being tied to a wall and flogged by thier carriers.

Yeah, I'm worried, too -- but not because people seem to think that mixing widgets and launchers is good; that's their problem, not mine.

If I was "slowly drawn to Android because of this", I wouldn't get worried, I'd just go use android -- I'm worried because complaining because you like something is apparently considered sane these days.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
give me back my cpu time

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
You are slowly drawn to android because of yet another example of fragmentation?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think you were attracted to the song and dance.

ps: yes, you should be worried.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
What do you guys think?
Fragmentation.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think you were attracted to the song and dance.

ps: yes, you should be worried.
hahaha smart ***!

Well I'm an Aussie, I've been overseas and I sort-of know the world. The funny thing is that phone's that get great success in America soon become popular else where (granted its using GSM not CDMA bs). An example of this is the iPhone, but there is refuting evidence to this aswell and that is Blackberry's which are "executive only" devices and not popular at all.

Fragmentation?
Umm, perhaps you don't know Android. This is running all the same system and everything exactly the same underneath its skin. If you bought an App from the Market, it would work just fine. This is just a complete re-work of the ugly "skin" android normally uses. Truly its like a magical cosmetic-surgery.

Well I'm not complaining about seeing this its great I'm happy for it. The reason "Im worried" is because a part of me wished Android would become fragmented and burn just so the better alternative MeeGo would take its place. But seeing Android progress this much and show creativity, I've lost that hope.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
If you get worried that easily, you might not want to read this in case it gives you nightmares.

Tags
vagiclean, who cares