I emailed the source code back to the original developers, but they wanted it in a diff format. I have not got round to figuring out what the means *blush*

I have also been pushing the vendor for a proper technical specification - I reverse engineered what I did. No luck though.

So I do need to allocate a couple of hours to do the diff and send that off; in the meantime if you wanted a copy of the binary that I use, pm me and I'll email it to you.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
This is working great, I wish I could use my keyboard at the same time, but its not important. I just got it in the mail today. I had it working very quickly, I appreciate the code. I still want a copy of the source if you ever fire up your other computer. I love that in mame it does not matter right left up down, they are always correct if you use the gamepad regardless of which way you display it on the 770.

Scratch that I can use the keyboard and the gamepad at the same time, if I connect keyboard and then turn on the gamepad kbbd

This is really cool, I will spend some boring time in the computer room playing moonpatrol.

Thanks again

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Again nice work mlvj. Did you get the update to the developers the way they wanted it?

I will do it I promise ! full life at mo. haven't put big pc on for ages!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I hear ya. Life can be a pain in the ***, but it beats the alternative.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Here is working binary and source code provided by mlvj. I would like to thank him . I really enjoyed playing moon patrol. This will allow you to use a bgp100 gamepad with the nokia 770.

Have Fun!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip source.zip (41.1 KB, 386 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Great work! Thanks!

As soon as i can scrape-together the money, i'm getting one

Have you taken the unit apart? I'm thinking of making a wooden 'case' for this that would around the 770. Basically a block of quality wood rounded on the sides routed-out to fit the 770, and routed out to fit the electronics of the bt gamepad.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
I'm thinking of making a wooden 'case' for this that would around the 770. Basically a block of quality wood rounded on the sides routed-out to fit the 770, and routed out to fit the electronics of the bt gamepad.
If you want to integrate it you may also consider usb. XBOX (not 360) gaming controllers are usb and are quite cheap ($15?) nowadays and have linux drivers in kernel. They also contain some space inside to fit memory cards so maybe battery could fit inside if you rip out memory card slots, maybe even four AA rechargeables that make ~5V in total to power usb and controller. You could also tie/glue spare N770 cover to it to hold n770 securely.

Also usb may have faster response rate/better latency than bluetooth and buttons and controls on xbox gamepad are much better (and analog).

It will be a bit heavier though. The original MS controller is also quite big but there are smaller ones. It won't be exactly mobile but good to use in house.

I have this idea since the time I have N770 but never actually tried. Could be great to play Duke3D (runs adequately on 200Mhz Tapwave Zodiac but could be a bit better) on N770.

Anybody moved this forward?

I now have a PS3 ... has anybody figured out how to pair with n800/770 and written a driver for it?

I can have a stab if nobody else has!

Originally Posted by mlvj View Post
I'm considering thinking about porting VICE (commodore 64 emulator) - but I haven't thought of a single really really good game I'd want to play... Obviously I love paradroid, uridium etc but can't see a real reason.

Heres a short list of some of my childhood favs...

Aliens
Potty pigeon
Park Patrol
Action Biker
Questron
Winter/Summer Games
H.E.R.O.
Yie Ar Kung Fu
Transformers
Space Taxi

Oh and I think someone has already ported a C64 emu or started to. I believe I mentioned this same controller in that thread.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you strated this thread way back in 2006 now.

Last edited by Grue237; 2007-10-31 at 05:13.