Closed Thread
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Where is the best step-by-step guide for a new developer (who is a skilled software engineer but has not used this kind of development toolchain before)?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Is it true that 'rapier' Bible software will run on an n900 out of the box? Is it very hard to achieve?
Not out of the box. You can ask the developer of Rapier for Maemo 4 to port the application or submit a Brainstorm proposal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
As it is 'always connected' does the n900 consume data just 'staying in touch' even when I'm not using it? If so, how much?
Not a lot. It really depends on what you're running that consumes data in the background. E-Mail or instant messaging only consume a few kBytes when idle. There is a GPRS monitor applet with which you can exactly see how much data is transferred.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Please describe the simplest, most user friendly and most function-rich ways an n900 can view and edit office type documents so I can choose between them.
I guess this would be the commercial Documents To Go software that exists for a bunch of mobile phones already. Viewing documents is free, editing documents requires you to pay for the software (the Android version is about 20 €, if I recall correctly, so the Maemo version should be priced similarly).

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The n900 manual seems to imply I can't add or edit playlists in the media player: does this mean I can't categorise my music by type (classical, jazz, rock) to play according to my mood? Seriously?
The Media Player provides "Genres" playlists automatically based on the metadata of the audio files. The community application http://maemo.org/packages/view/mussorgsky/ allows you to edit the metadata in the device itself. Currently in extras-devel (alpha-ish) and hopefully available in Extras soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Is there a way to sync my multiple google calendars in N900 with different calendars appearing in different colors? (OTA or via outlook or via PC suite?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peio For This Useful Post:
If I buy a N900 with qwerty keyboard, how do I type "é" or "à"? (I usually use an azerty keyboard, but qwerty n900 are a lot cheaper in France)

About the browser: Can I create a new photo album from the facebook website? (I mean can I browse files on the harddrive exactly like on a desktop PC?)

The Following User Says Thank You to peio For This Useful Post:
About the browser: Does the size of the text adjust depending of the "importance" of the text, like on safari mobile (i.e. in this particular webpage, the discussions are written bigger than the "edit", "quote", "join date" etc, and I don't need to zoom at all to read the forum)

And the last one : does anybody know the length of the A/V cable that comes in the box ?

Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted