Notices

i got a feature for the wishlist of an app:
it would be awesome to have a "save game" option for multiplayer, cause this game tends to take quite a while when the contestens are evenly strong.

i would like to be a "tester" but my development skills are not very high ...

The Following User Says Thank You to undef For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Look at http://wiki.maemo.org/Miniature/Development#Roadmap

We are still far from reaching that level of development but feel free to define in more detail your proposal in that wiki page below the roadmap. You are also welcome to the Miniature discussion thread!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Just registered to http://www.redhotpawn.com/ and started a game. It's like correspondence chess but with email notifications. It works on the N900!

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Just put a few flash chess apps up on rapidshare if anyone wants them

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...717#post578717

p.s keep up the good work qgil, i'm looking forward to miniature on the n900

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
edit: I'm an idiot, ignore this post.

since this is the chess thread..

With the built-in chess game, has anyone else noticed the cpu is moving two pices in one move on medium? I only noticed it happen once so far.

Last edited by harp; 2010-03-30 at 22:53.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by harp View Post
since this is the chess thread..

With the built-in chess game, has anyone else noticed the cpu is moving two pices in one move on medium? I only noticed it happen once so far.
The N900 is a cheater!

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by harp View Post
It was not this?

Yeah it was that move. It was the first time I'd seen that move, so I had no clue that was a legal move. I guess the n900 is kicking my ars fair and square.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have long complained about the (to me) worthless or nearly worthless chess programs available for the N900. There was a lot of big talk about Miniature from Mr. Qgil and it has come to almost nothing.

All I wanted was a decent way to LOOK AT chess on my N900. I just wanted to play through games in books. No such luck.

So, I finally found a pretty excellent online solution from www.chessgames.com. This is a very nice site, and my opinion is that of a chess expert who spent years making my living in chess.

The problem has always been that most of the online sites relied on java or some other way to display chess games that wasn't fullly compatible with the N900 or was just lousy for one reason or another. Even now, if you go to chessgames.com almost all of the interface choices don't work for us.

But tonight I have been looking at games from 1922 and one from Paul Morphy in 1850 on that site. The interface I used is pgn4web, which only uses Javascript.

You can Google pgn4web for some hints, but it is quite straightforward. I didn't know that hitting the f would flip the board, for example.

www.chessgames.com is the site. You can use almost all its features for free, though I just paid them $30 because I was happy with them.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
chess