Its a sad day. My n810 appears to be bricked. When one turns it on the white screen w/ nokia logo in the center instanly appears, then never leaves, and its impossible to trun it off. Also, when its off and one plugs it in the same screen comes up, no battery charging logo. Ive tried to flash it from my windows pc, when its pluged into usb and is turned on the usb logo in the top right appears, however does not last more than a seccond or two, and the pc just reconizes it before it dissconnects. any ideas?
- thanks!

I would eject any cards that might be in, leave the battery out for a few minutes put it back and try again flashing it. Maybe try a different battery if you have one?

I think I have experienced something similar on a couple of occasions. Now, I'm not sure of this but when it happened to me I think that the battery was completely flat.

Also I'm not sure what actually solved the issue but I seem to remember that I first took the battery off and then put the battery back on again.

Then I just plugged in the charger and left it like that. At this point there is no indication that the device is charging as you also describe but I believe the battery is being charged and it will again be possible to turn it on as usual after an hour or two. At least this is how I remember it :-)

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by trekkie711 View Post
Ive tried to flash it from my windows pc, when its pluged into usb and is turned on the usb logo in the top right appears, however does not last more than a seccond or two, and the pc just reconizes it before it dissconnects. any ideas?
- thanks!
when tablet is off plug USB in, hold the swap button, plug power in (device powers on), wait for usb icon, release swap button (the one below camera)

holding swap button when powered on means that it waits indefinitely in usb logo, not just ~2 seconds

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ohio, USA
Originally Posted by trekkie711 View Post
Ive tried to flash it from my windows pc, when its pluged into usb and is turned on the usb logo in the top right appears, however does not last more than a seccond or two, and the pc just reconizes it before it dissconnects. any ideas?
- thanks!
I don't know about Windows, but with my Linux machines I'd plug in the USB then check the dmesg logs (e.g. "$ dmesg | tail"). This may help explain what's going on when it connects to your machine via usb.

Thanks to all for the quick reply! fanoush esp, it was the swap button that did it, now ive got it reflashed and all is well