Notices

Originally Posted by dietyyli View Post
You are aware of this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82038 ?
Well aware. Unfortunately, this port lacks any user interface adaptation, it is essentially the desktop version complied for Harmattan, with added GPS positioning. StellariumN9, on the other hand, has a redesigned QML user interface and some extra stuff such as pinch-zoom and free look based on magnetometer/accelerometer.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
This is confusing, could you please make a separate thread for the new optimized release?
it's totally diffrnt in performance. Loved it. And I've a bug report and suggestions. Where shud I post?

Originally Posted by Marko_StelN9 View Post
I made a working port for Nokia N9, though it is not based on mobile version, it's a port/fork of desktop 0.11.4. I posted the topic yesterday but it seems forum moderation approvals take some time. Take a look at http://thelarge.org/stellarium-n9

Cheers, Marko
please post again. Moderation isn't that late

Originally Posted by bibek View Post
please post again. Moderation isn't that late
Did that twice already. In the meanwhile you can find some discussion at http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44364

Some of the bugs that already got reported: not responding at startup, crash after saving with free-look on, not saving location. I hope I'll soon have a new version addressing these issues.

I also apologize for ambushing this thread, but I wanted to get the information out and that seemed like the opportunity.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
Great Job, Marko!
I'm using Stellarium for so many years on my linux boxes. Its so cool to have it on the N9!
Thank you!

I can confirm the other reports:
- slow startup. System asks for killing the app
- reset of location. It starts always with Ljubliana.

Thanks Marco,
I hugely appreciate your work. Those were the bug reports I was mentioning.

Do let us know when you update

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Marko, I can't install Stellarium N9 0.3.2 on my PR1.3 N9. This is what I get:

Code:
~/MyDocs $ pkgmgr install-file -f stellarium-n9_0.3.2_armel.deb
InstallFile /home/user/MyDocs/stellarium-n9_0.3.2_armel.deb:   0 %
Error: Operation failed: E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (255)

Aegis rejecting /home/user/MyDocs/stellarium-n9_0.3.2_armel.deb: tar base265 size not supported
aegis-deb-release: Missing ':' in '

<div>

An error occurred while connecting you to the Internet. Maybe your session has expired. Please close your web browser and try again in a few minutes.

... <more HTML>
Needless to say there's nothing wrong with my connection. Leaves me wondering what is generating the HTML anyway...

do you need terminal logs during the crash on startup? Let us know if you need any help.

cheers,

downloading new release..

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by Marko_StelN9 View Post
Well aware. Unfortunately, this port lacks any user interface adaptation, it is essentially the desktop version complied for Harmattan, with added GPS positioning. StellariumN9, on the other hand, has a redesigned QML user interface and some extra stuff such as pinch-zoom and free look based on magnetometer/accelerometer.
Thanks Marko. This is awesome and I especially like the "Free Look" mode.

Would it be possible to add some dampening to accelometer reading to reduce jitter? (for example maybe the software could do some averaging of recent values) I guess this would add little bit of lag when panning the view quickly, but maybe its a good tradeoff for added viewing stability.

Any way to donate or plans to publish stellarium-n9 in OVI store?

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Would it be possible to add some dampening to accelometer reading to reduce jitter? (for example maybe the software could do some averaging of recent values) I guess this would add little bit of lag when panning the view quickly, but maybe its a good tradeoff for added viewing stability.
There already is quite some "dampening" and you are quite right, there is a trade-off between lag and smoothness. The raw values reported by sensors are really very raw and all over the place. The current value for filtering is some arbitrary value that felt appropriate. Note that, as you zoom in, the filtering increases. I guess I could expose the filtering value through UI, but perhaps even better, some better filtering system could be implemented. I keep hearing about these Kalman filters, but there is quite some math involved that I need to absorb first.

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Any way to donate or plans to publish stellarium-n9 in OVI store?
I'd like to publish in OVI (as the bugs get ironed out), but it will be free (as in cost). My work is but a tip of the iceberg of the work done by Fabien and company. Donation are appreciated though, I'll set up a link on my page.

@ Fuzzillogic: I really have no idea, why you get this. I just tried downloading with N9's default browser and installing; it seems to work just fine here. Try to check the md5sum of your deb. It should be 51d4223fe51210a1c146113e91f2bad0

@ bibek: if you still get the crashing with the new version, then terminal logs and perhaps a config file (~/.stellarium-n9/config.ini) would do great.