Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
i would say... Nokia cares about its final products so they test them for a while so the end user wouldnt had many problems
Good Good All good, I like this answer

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
OK, confirmed.
I had this too on my N9. Made in Finland. Nov 2011.
It's like 1/6 of the upper screen is brighter than the rest.
Obvious in bright background.
Using max brighteness from the beginning.
Little bit annoying, but since my N9 was not in guarantee terms (i got it free from IdeasProject), looks like i have to used to this condition forever.

The Following User Says Thank You to efion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by efion View Post
OK, confirmed.
Little bit annoying, but since my N9 was not in guarantee terms (i got it free from IdeasProject), looks like i have to used to this condition forever.
How come the fact that you won the phone from a competition can remove the guarantee? At least in Finland if the phone is new model, all of the service shops I've been don't even bother to ask for a receipt if it's definitely less than 2 years since the model came out.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Originally Posted by gaichuke View Post
How come the fact that you won the phone from a competition can remove the guarantee? At least in Finland if the phone is new model, all of the service shops I've been don't even bother to ask for a receipt if it's definitely less than 2 years since the model came out.
Previously i also had a free N8 from quiz held by NokiaUK (UK country variant model) and it has a power defect, i went to Nokia Care to ask how they gonna fix it, and they said my N8 doesn't have Indonesian guarantee, so i must pay some technical cost to make it back normal.
Here in Indonesia, if you want to fix a Nokia device, you must have the receipt and the Nokia indonesia guarantee card to gain a free labour work fee and/or parts cost.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Previously i also had a free N8 from quiz held by NokiaUK (UK country variant model) and it has a power defect, i went to Nokia Care to ask how they gonna fix it, and they said my N8 doesn't have Indonesian guarantee, so i must pay some technical cost to make it back normal.
Here in Indonesia, if you want to fix a Nokia device, you must have the receipt and the Nokia indonesia guarantee card to gain a free labour work fee and/or parts cost.
I always wanted to ask a question like this, I was thinking for example, if a N9 is from china and brought to the UK (Where it was not released) Are they going to fix it for free.

I had an experience with Sony (Sony Ericsson) where i claimed on the warranty, they asked me to send the phone, and they turned back and say, it is unrepairable but if i want the phone back, I must pay for labour and stuff, I let them have the phone, but i did not think it was worth it, Later on, i find out all the phone needed was to be flashed. But they gave me wrong analysis data, they said the resin was broken. it was Very cold when the phone just randomly turned off and when starting up, it failed to come on, only showing me a white screen, but all it needed was to be reflashed.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
OK, confirmed.
thanks for confirming, could you please show us a picture of it? thanks!

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
After few days reading ebook using fbreader, I realize now that the status bar has burned in and it's visible when something else come on top of it. Well, it's not that bad as status bar is always visible anyway but some hiding-feature could be great.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
One year later and same old problem. I want to hide the status bar from a few applications. For example FBreader because I sometimes read in the dark and the bright white fonts are disturbing.
Is there now a solution for this, for example toggle via a desktop icon, or is my best bet to contract the developers of the applications?