Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
CSSU has provided portrait mode as an experimental feature. This can be enabled by changing the value of forcedrotation from 0 to 1 in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini. D-livil's transition tuner can also be used as a graphical interface for this purpose.

This wiki page gives the status of portrait mode support in various apps. At present all apps do not display correctly in portrait mode. Hence, future updates of CSSU will have rotation based on a WHITELIST. ie, only applications mentioned in the whitelist will rotate, while the rest remains without rotation. Please help us keep the wiki page updated so as to get a comprehensive whitelist for rotation.
Actually, the CSSU already uses a whitelist - if you don't set the forcedrotation option, then the only apps which will rotate are those in the whitelist, whereas with the option set, the whitelist is ignored and all apps are rotated. I don't think this setting will be removed in future, the whitelist will just be updated.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Actually, the CSSU already uses a whitelist - if you don't set the forcedrotation option, then the only apps which will rotate are those in the whitelist, whereas with the option set, the whitelist is ignored and all apps are rotated. I don't think this setting will be removed in future, the whitelist will just be updated.
Oh really? I did not know this. Can you tell us the location of the Whitelist?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
@ Rob1n

there IS a "force rotate" option though, that ignores the whitelist and just rotates everything

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Well, that's not quite how it works. Apps say they can support portrait, and then get told about orientation changes.

Closed source apps which work well (e.g. file manager) can't be modified; so an additional mechanism (the "whitelist") will be introduced so that hildon-desktop will "forcerotate" those apps, even though they don't declare it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
I am using the CSSU STABLE... how can I use portrate mode in conversations and media player?so I can use the portrait keyboard for typing messages...

Tags
autorotation, community ssu, portrait