Active Topics

Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
I'm going to consider this a race to get sfdroid working on CM12.1. (against me if that wasn't clear)
I didn't realize that you are also working on it
What is your target device? Would it mean that once sfdroid is ported to CM12.1 it will run on all CM12.1 device ports without recompilation or is recompilation needed for every device with the appropriate android build env?

Do you have already some ported code available? e.g. on GitHub?
I have not yet started the actual porting. At least it seems that I have now a CM12.1 build env for Oneplus X.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jobe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jobe View Post
I didn't realize that you are also working on it
What is your target device? Would it mean that once sfdroid is ported to CM12.1 it will run on all CM12.1 device ports without recompilation or is recompilation needed for every device with the appropriate android build env?

Do you have already some ported code available? e.g. on GitHub?
I have not yet started the actual porting. At least it seems that I have now a CM12.1 build env for Oneplus X.
Nexus 5, It will require recompilation for each device with the sfdroid code cherry-picked, I have been busy and haven't even gotten all the sources yet. So haven't actually started. But will do soon. There is one thing (unrelated) I need to do first though.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Nexus 5, It will require recompilation for each device with the sfdroid code cherry-picked.
That sounds reasonable
Once we got the base ported to CM12.1 it should be easier to port then to specific devices. Working on sfdroid is my next project but I have only very limited time. So I actually don't know when I will have something done. At least you will find it on github under my account name "jobe-m".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jobe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jobe View Post
That sounds reasonable
Once we got the base ported to CM12.1 it should be easier to port then to specific devices. Working on sfdroid is my next project but I have only very limited time. So I actually don't know when I will have something done. At least you will find it on github under my account name "jobe-m".
If you have any ideas of how to make it device independent (but zip's working on specific Android versions) then let us know. You can extract the zip in the first post to see what files are modified and where they go, to give you a better understanding of what changes and what is and isn't device independent.

I *think* what's holding us back from being device independent is touch input, camera, and accelerometer and possibly init.rc. But I could be wrong.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
If you have any ideas of how to make it device independent (but zip's working on specific Android versions) then let us know. You can extract the zip in the first post to see what files are modified and where they go, to give you a better understanding of what changes and what is and isn't device independent.

I *think* what's holding us back from being device independent is touch input, camera, and accelerometer and possibly init.rc. But I could be wrong.
I have already done that and I looked in krnlyng repos a bit. Good point to separate device independent parts. I will keep an eye on that whenever possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jobe For This Useful Post:

init.rc, gralloc, audio,...
camera, accelerometer and touch input shouldn't be a problem

Last edited by liar; 2016-05-23 at 16:27.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
@liar: so there is nothing really promising on Harmattan as of now, isn't it?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
@liar: so there is nothing really promising on Harmattan as of now, isn't it?
without gpu acceleration should work, i couldn't test because my battery and or charging circuit died.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I have a Harmattan device, I could test whether it works if you point me to the documentation how. But I'll rather have time for it in July, not in June.

/edit: I've got the piratepad link from nh1402, but these instructions are for SFOS. How should I adapt them for Harmattan?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2016-05-28 at 16:08.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I have a Harmattan device, I could test whether it works if you point me to the documentation how. But I'll rather have time for it in July, not in June.

/edit: I've got the piratepad link from nh1402, but these instructions are for SFOS. How should I adapt them for Harmattan?
i have send you a private message for access to my dropbox folder where i have everything that i think could work on n9

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:

Tags
apkenv