Posts: 61 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Helsinki
I had to reinstall titans kernel and after that all was well. All my profiles were still in place and my beecon widgets worked perfectly to switch between them for overclocking.

But yes, Tweakflash no longer works.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Just one question... Doesnt Meego rely on the standard kernel in PR1.3?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
Did anyone of you noticed that PR1.3 installs a new (factory-default) kernel? Did anyone of you noticed that this is the reason why overclock not works right after the update, but re-installing (also putting back to use the) "old" modified kernel "fixes" this?

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
OCing seems to work for me just fine. I did an update via X Term OTA

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

re-installed 3 times via faster application manager and it says: this kernel version 2.6.28-omapl is not supported. Please make sure that kernel-power is installed and so on... What can i do ?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
You didn't install.

Open terminal and issue the commands that are here on the forum, namely (as root)

apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher

Make sure you type it correctly. Also, make sure you reboot. If it fails, paste the output of the above command here.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
i installed and deinstalled the enhanced linux kernel twice so far with PR1.3

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Yah updated via xterm and reboot, now it works thank god.

Last edited by shnigi; 2010-10-28 at 19:16.

Originally Posted by [OM] View Post
my new second device arrived today and i tried OTA update and noticed it was pr1.3

after installation of kernel-power and reboot, i tried to overclock with
Code:
kernel-config load ideal
after reboot the command "show" tells me that im still at
limits 125 600

so i tried to set it myself with
Code:
kernel-config limits 500 900
then my phone was getting off on its own, fast like a reset. after reboot my limits was still at 125 600 and kernel-power complaints about an error and that no overclocking operation was performed.

i think the actual kernel-power version is not usable with PR1.3
we will have to wait for an update
No its not ur kernel, its your phone! You mentoined 2nd device? I got A replacement from nokia after i sended it back and mine cant get higher then 850mhz, if i use any other profile higher then 850 , perhaps 900, it immediatly crashes. If i just load the standart ideal profile it crashes immediatly too. I think its a bad quallity chip or something ehich cant handle hich clocks.

Before PR1.3, i was a power kernel and OC user and everything worked fine, getting my N900 @500|950 with no problems.

After flashing PR1.3, i installed power kernel and everything seems to be working well also. I decided to stick with 500/850 and well seemed ok.

The thing is a few minutes ago, i checked my settings (kernel-config show) and it shows 125/850. How can this be?

I use "load ideal" and it supposedly wouldnt allow 850 max with 125 min, right? Although on the description of "show" it still mentions the avoid freqs of 125 and 250, maybe some bugs were ironed and we now can stick with 125/850?

I have power kernel 2.6.28. Also have an hourly Alarmed task to run kernel-config limits 500 850.

Any tips?