Notices

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Well... lookie what I found here...
http://www.webot.com/index.cfm?event=N810

Interesting. That looks like the service Orb provide?

(moved this thread)

It looks like its only music and pics. No video support yet.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
It's also advertised on the OS2008 web site.
They say it's beta.

I've downloaded and started playing around with it. It's got a customized web interface for the N810 which is nice and for the most part thumbsized but it's lacking some of the features of the full web interface, most notably the ability to browse by artist -> album -> song.

It's a good start IMO.

edit: also the software can run on a Mac and Linux ... another plus

Last edited by ninjatuned; 2007-12-18 at 17:00.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
It's also advertised on the OS2008 web site.
They say it's beta.
Oh, no it's beta

did someone patented this "beta thing"? we should.

No, really, it's annoying, everything now has a beta tag

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Well at least OS2008 came out of beta :P

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I hope that you're just streaming movies of your cat's birthday party...

"We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of us, the visitors and Users of the WeBot.com Services, or third parties. It may be necessary to share information with law enforcement agencies in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, including but not limited to, fraud, potential threats to public safety or the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Use, or as otherwise permitted by law. "

I'll pass.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgecore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
I hope that you're just streaming movies of your cat's birthday party...

"We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of us, the visitors and Users of the WeBot.com Services, or third parties. It may be necessary to share information with law enforcement agencies in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, including but not limited to, fraud, potential threats to public safety or the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Use, or as otherwise permitted by law. "

I'll pass.
If something like that bothers you, you might as well just get off the internet completely.

it also works on the n800 Tablet. yes, it's similar to orb with the difference being able to access media (video and cat birthday parties coming in the new year) from multiple machines and multiple platforms. meaning you can place a bot linked to music or photos on as many machines as you have access to and stream any of the music anytime you're connected to the internet. works on mac, win and linux. Sharing of custom photo albums (initiated through the pc interface) was pushed live just a week ago. Music sharing, both public and private is being built right this moment.