hi there,

can someone please help me by posting a detailed instruction how to update iceweasel to flash 10 in easy debian for the n900 ?

that would be great cause i cant find a detailed one on the internet, thx in advance.

besides, a instruction how to install the jdownloader would come quite handy too.

thx again

Last edited by boxkillor; 2010-11-17 at 18:07. Reason: misleading title, sorry 4 that

The Following User Says Thank You to boxkillor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Can you change the title as it is a bit misleading please
Instead of "Detailed instruction How to update iceweasel to flash 10 in easy debian"
Maybe "[REQUEST] Detailed instruction How to update iceweasel to flash 10 in easy debian"

Most people will think you are posting a detailed solution, not asking for one
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Can you change the title as it is a bit misleading please
Instead of "Detailed instruction How to update iceweasel to flash 10 in easy debian"
Maybe "[REQUEST] Detailed instruction How to update iceweasel to flash 10 in easy debian"

Most people will think you are posting a detailed solution, not asking for one
changed! thanks for the hint and sorry

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
lol don't apologise - we all do it! - thank you though, sorry i can't help but good lcuk
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
i don't think flash 10 is possible under easy debian, Adobe doesn't provide ARM binaries.

i assume you are referring to this? that thread (and the solution) wasn't about flash 10 specifically, but about microb / javascript issues with streetview.
the new google streetview api v3 doesn't use flash anymore.

i haven't seen any reports of people running flash 10 under easy debian. (and if so, it's probably Maemo stock flash or tweakflash imported into ED).

btw it's funny how quickly google indexes this board... this thread is not even 2 hours old and already search hit #1

oh...too bad didnt know that. okay thanks fr the advise SubCore, so the only chance getting Flash10 is in fact nitdroid.

yeah google really fetched maemo quick. i am searching in this forum via google .

Any updates on this? Since flash is now on android cell phones running on arm processors, any chance easy debian can run flash 10?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
I'm not sure if this will work, but try downloading the tar.gz archive from Adobe's website, and then run these:
Code:
tar -zxvf [ARCHIVE YOU DOWNLOADED]
cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
See what will happen...

doesnt work, iceweasel is crashing everytime i run a flash vid on youtube now.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Don't worry, to make it like it was, do this:
Code:
rm /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so