Notices

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I just don't think everyone understands the idea of the game. All games don't need to be action games and in fact this one seems to aim to provide the same kind of relaxing mood as drawing calligraphy in sand or such. It's not about racing to the finish and blowing up your comrades. I personally think it's brilliant and I don't think the developers need to be scared that people don't get it. Most of us do! Thanks for giving us something a little different and thanks for doing it for the N900!

I actually quite like the game, its taking away time on angry birds, I was suprised I would like it so much to be honest.

£4 is a lil expensive seen as its only a port rather than a rebuild, but to be fair I dont really know what it takes to port a game so wouldn't be sure how long it would take a programmer to do.

If £4 does only just about cover the engineer and give them (secret exit) a small profit margin then you can't really blame them for that, i'd still rather have games in the store then none, least you then have a choice.

Wicked game!

The price currently set for the game would theoretically be a rough calculation based on the cost of porting to N900, plus the desired margin, divided by the anticipated number of sales. Or perhaps the developer will be expecting no profit on this project (i.e. expecting VERY low sales volumes), but just wanting to gauge the potential market for future projects.

Frand already stated that they are in final stages for release of a game called SPiN which he says is a polar opposite. I expect that the developer is gambling that the penetration of their games into the N900 user base will be significantly higher percentage-wise than iPhone platform due to the lack of competition in our market. It's a clear and understandable business strategy; we can't complain about the price when we know we are a small market.

I have to admit too that I am holding off downloading this game due to the price. At £4, it's just that little bit too high to not worry if I like it or not. I would really like the chance to first demo 2-3 levels to check that the user interface / controls / etc. are something I will get on with.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 637 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by CormacB View Post
I have to say, this is really annoying. Especially when you start it with no headphones plugged in and it starts blaring away even though you have the volume turned down. Is there a reason why it doesn't respect the system volume settings?
Yes, we went through a number of issues involving audio. The current functionality is the best compromise we came up with for functionality, stability, performance and getting the game to the Ovi Store

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
I would love to buy the game. If only Ovi would except my otherwise accepted Mastercard/Visa.

2d

2disbetter, and those of you having payment problems - please see this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...353#post720353

Designed for Headphones? By the end of the game my N900 is looking a lot like one of those blocks of wood...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 637 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
Designed for Headphones? By the end of the game my N900 is looking a lot like one of those blocks of wood...
We call that authenticity!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Great game! Very unique and I don't think price is too steep really considering the games polish and playablity.
I for one certainly want to see more games from Secret exit of this quality on the N900. I'd defo buy 'em!

The Following User Says Thank You to gazadi For This Useful Post: