Notices

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
Okay so let me clarify for the confused minds (including mine)

http://www.firefox.com/m/beta -> will install the beta and this is what I thought was the new update as reported by whoever started this thread.

Only later I discovered:

http://www.firefox.com/m -> will install the 1.1 final and is definetly an improvement from the beta.

You can actually verify the version by going to the About page.

so there you go!
I started this thread. I wrote that Firefox 1.1 was out. I explained how I installed it originally and how I updated to the 1.1 version. I also wrote my repository settings. Anyway if I confused you I am really sorry.

My opinion is that FF is really a great software. N900 is also an internet tablet, so browser is an important part. I think that now we can use FF as our primary browser and with Sync we have huge advantages.

Anyway I agree that sometimes it is still slow and MicroB behaves better

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Its just that microb feels so light when using it, that must sound weird, but it just feels light and fast, im going to try FF though for abit see if i can get used to it

Originally Posted by elris View Post
I've just downloaded it. It seems to be much faster than previous version. Now, I'm going to start playing with it.
Still no "mouse mode" to enable text copy for later pasting...!

--denis

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delaroca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
I've been running the nightly builds of fennec as my main browser for quite some time, then just a few moments ago App Manager told me Firefox 1.1 is available for update! I did the update, rebooted and all is well. Bring on Firefox 2.0!

With the stock kernel it was too slow so overclocked to 900 MHz and it works better, but FF keep crashing. I think there's a problem with audio and flash and maybe a few other things flash related. Oh well, back to the stock browser.

when i was watching a youtube video of don rickles on the johhny carson show i was hitting the volume button on n900 and it wasnt working looks like it wanted zoom anyone know why?

Also in the app manager where yo can uninstall apps on the n900 theres a app called mozilla runtime, is this used by microb or just firefox and can i uninstall it since I already unistalled firefox?

Last edited by pctek; 2010-07-02 at 06:31.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I'm going to give it a little more time, but right now I am a little concerned. My battery went from full to empty during the night and all I had open were two Firefox tabs. Battery also went dry during some light evening surfing yesterday, so this is twice Firefox has emptied my battery even though it came out just half a day ago!

I love the interface though, but people calling it slower than Microb are right. It's sluggish as hell when you're loading a page.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
One more thing I noticed... if this is supposed to be using the same rendering engine as the desktop Firefox or even Microb, I call BS. Facebook is a good example. The bar at the bottom with your chats is hovering annoyingly in the middle of the page, which indicates sub par html/javascript/css interpretation (or coding on Facebook's part). Still it's not working the same way as in other browsers. Wonder why?

Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
One more thing I noticed... if this is supposed to be using the same rendering engine as the desktop Firefox or even Microb, I call BS. Facebook is a good example. The bar at the bottom with your chats is hovering annoyingly in the middle of the page, which indicates sub par html/javascript/css interpretation (or coding on Facebook's part). Still it's not working the same way as in other browsers. Wonder why?
exactly, same here. Plus someone already pointed out earlier, Microb just seems to render everything a touch quicker and smoother so it can't be the same rendering engine.

I am using both Firefox and MicroB, microb being my favorite. but firefox is well worth a try and flash works great too.

Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
Still no "mouse mode" to enable text copy for later pasting...!

--denis
there is a mobile add-on named Clipboard which provides copy function

Tags
fennec, firefox