Oh, my gawds. I've so gotta get one of these for review when they become available. This thing looks incredible!!

*annoyed*
I hope they release another model with different/better input layout. They made it more of a phone than a portable computer. I want more physical buttons not less. Also would like to see a dedicated tab button, pipe, etc. Plus getting rid of the dpad, meh. Now if they replaced it with an analog stick/nub(s), I'd be all for that. But as it is...I'm hoping that this will be like how the N800 was replaced with the N810, similar specs but different format. Though I can see why they did what they did. Now to wait for release, reviews and the ridiculous MSRP to be announced.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i wonder how they'd put non-english keyboard layouts on this mini-mini-"keyboard".... probably the same way they did on the N97, hiding characters you need as often as "e" and "r" behind two-key-combinations

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I guess this may be one of the trade-offs that Nokia has made to bring this product into mainstream. Exchanging a 4-row, terminal friendly keyboard with a... err... what's great about this design again?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
If it's now completely finger-orientated, having your right hand free for the stylus shouldn't be a problem. I really like the stealthy face design, if it's capacitive and multi-touch, I'm sold.
It doesn't matter if it's finger orienged or not. I will want to use my RIGHT hand finger then (instead of right hand with stylus) which precludes simultaneous screen and cursor usage unless I become ambidextrous or serious finger gymnastics.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Lets hope. the keys are not as hard to press as on the N810. I always have to use a lot of force compared to, say, the HTC Touch Pro and with my wide thumbs I often accidently press two keys because of it.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Exchanging a 4-row, terminal friendly keyboard with a... err... what's great about this design again?
I wouldn't go as far as calling the N810's keyboard "terminal friendly", but this is definitely a step too much in the wrong direction. With the stylus keyboard gone, command line use just isn't workable on this device. Very disappointing compared to almost every competitor's QWERTY phones, and it's not like Nokia don't know how to make a proper keyboard.

Here's hoping the RX-71 will be better. I'd love an OMAP3/Fremantle device but I can't see myself spending money on this one.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Nice nice nice... the box contains an AV-cable :-)
I wish they would include some HDMI/DVI compatible output instead of low-quality analog video-out. The possibility to connect to any computer monitor could turn the device instantly into a smallish desktop PC together with a proper USB/Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
these days, a flat screen tv is a monitor. Something thats deliciously roundabout when considering the 80's...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
I hope they release another model with different/better input layout. They made it more of a phone than a portable computer. I want more physical buttons not less. Also would like to see a dedicated tab button, pipe, etc. Plus getting rid of the dpad, meh. Now if they replaced it with an analog stick/nub(s), I'd be all for that.
Well, it's not as bad as we feared and could have had far less physical buttons in going for that new, modern sleek design look. We sort of guessed it was going to be a phone and that they were going to take away the dpad. But we still have directional keys, the zoom keys, and some others - lock key(?), fullscreen key(?), menu key(?). Not a bad result when compared with expectations a few months ago.

What is a dedicated tab button, pipe, etc? Is there another device which has that?