Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
I really don't want to do this, but a sticky financial situation means I may have to sell my Nokia 770.

I don't want to clog up this message board with messages so if you're interested, please email me direct - (martin@martindolphin.co.uk)

It cost me £258.50 direct from Nokia, plus £27.90 from Expansys for the 512MB RS-MMC card so offers over £300 would be great (plus postage).

Genunine offers only please, and hopefully I won't get flamed for posting this!

Needless to say the device is in 'as new' condition!

I want it and I emailed you , check you mail box out please ...

As a Canadian I want one badly

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All of the eBay listings I have seen to date are fake.

There are three things to look for:

1.) The same general template for each of the listings
2.) The same old pictures of a 770 displaying eBay
3.) The most important: "Don't email me with ask the seller, email me at this address instead".

Scam.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
All of the eBay listings I have seen to date are fake.

There are three things to look for:

1.) The same general template for each of the listings
2.) The same old pictures of a 770 displaying eBay
3.) The most important: "Don't email me with ask the seller, email me at this address instead".

Scam.
With something this new, I think I'd try to get the MAC address from inside the battery compartment and then check that it's a valid address on the Nokia site.

The one on eBay I posted is not a fake as its my brother who is selling it. I just did him a favour. In fact I tried to pursuade him to at least consider buyers from outside the UK.

Buzz

I bought mine on Ebay from a guy in Belgium with zero feedback.
I asked him a few questions and then asked him to email me a picture of it next to that days newspaper. He did that and all went fine and I'm now a proud 770 owner

Yes it is mine, if anyone would like to question me about it they can via ebay. My rating speaks for itself. It was just a impulse buy, which I have done with many things (3 different PDA's, a Simpad, various PC's) and I'm just not going to get the use out of it, so I'm selling it and will buy something else.
The photo is generic, but the advert was done while I was at work (one of those Monday morning bored moments!) so no access to a camera, I will happily send any photos via the ebay system.

I might place a bid, but I need pictures.

A great thing to do would be to put your ebay name on a post it note and attach it to the 770, then take a picture. That way it's guarenteed that 1. no one will steal it and 2. you actually have the item.

What's the condition of the 770?

Thanks so much. You are top on my list of ebayers selling 770s.