I do not know about you guys but I already moved on , nothing on the market satisfied me , did not want to migrate my beloved N9, there was no way to go nothing like MeeGo until one day I decided to give a chance to a z30 blackberry, 'm impressed is like Meego should have been . fluid , thousands of apps ( android / native ) , usb on the go , HDMI , many things I had in my old Symbian, but with a fluid system , superb operating system, and thousands of features and very importantly SUPPORT, hacks flashing operating system, leaks........ The list is long , , if you can try one you will not regret. Has been a beautiful ride, but i start a better one, many greetings and thanks to all those developers , I hope to someday have your applications running on my z30.
I thought blackberry was dead and took the big surprise that continue to launch phones and updates, blackberry is not dead
Greatings and sorry for my english

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jokerus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Yeah ... except :

* Devel is a pain on BB10 ...
* Closed sources
* Devel is really a pain ...

i ve switched to z10 after an horrible Jolla experience

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Can you explain us why Jolla is a horrible experience then?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
Well, I'm doing it the other way: from BBOS10 to Jolla I used the BlackBerry Q5 for a good while, and to be honest, the BBOS10 is really a good mobile operating system. The HUB itself is worth everything. But it's a very "sterile" system, there's no way to touch the sytem or alter anything. Soon I found myself installing the new and newer "leaks" to get something new.

I can't comment on the Jolla yet as I'm only using it for 3 days, but so far I love it I love the asthetics of the OS, it's so good to look at it. Of course I'm handicapped as I got used to the BB gestures and now I'm always checking the notifications instead of minimizing the apps, but I think it's just the firs few days... Of course on BB10 there's a lot more native app, and there are basics missing from Jolla's store (e.g.instagram alternative for one ) but based on my limited testing the droid apps starts faster and works faster on Jolla than on the Q5...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to consono For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Jolla's hardware is a pain - poor dim screen with cold colour and impossible to read under sunlight. Poor camera. Outdated HW, unfished OS, countable native apps.

BlackBerry has none of these. I'm very happy with my BlackBerry passport at the moment.

Yes if BlackBerry 10 has a bit of freedom to tweak system would be perfect, but I guess that's the sacrifice of being "most secure".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Jolla's phone h/w was never advertised as a top spec phone, we also knew that s/w-wise SailfishOS was not complete. We knew all that from the very beginning. Actually the reality is even harder, OS updates are not that simple, core apps need a lot more improvements.

why the complains? BB has delayed their OS release at least for a year and lost in market share badly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Jolla's phone h/w was never advertised as a top spec phone.
Jolla's HW problem is not about spec it self. If we only look at spec: Yes a qHD screen is perfectly acceptable, but the spec does't say it's not bright enough even with 100% brightness, spec also doesn't say sunlight readability=0, and colour "colder" than natural. This is what I mean for a "bad" HW, I'm not talking about spec.

For camera, spec-wise 8MP is good enough, but is this 8MP same as N9's 8MP? No! It's even worse than N900's 5MP, this is not spec side.

And overall build quality - I'm sorry, it's a £50 Chinese rip-off Android phone's level.

SailfishOS was not complete. We knew all that from the very beginning. Actually the reality is even harder, OS updates are not that simple, core apps need a lot more improvements.

why the complains? BB has delayed their OS release at least for a year and lost in market share badly.
That's ture. but I'm standing on the consumer's side - I want a daily phone with gesture control, real muititasking and a reasonable amount of apps. Then BB10 nowadays performs much better than Jolla on HW and SW side. this is I was trying to say. Jolla could be much better in the future, and I am aware of it's situation and it's efforts. But currently, BB10 is a better opition. (A little bit back to the topic.)

As soon as Jolla announce a new hardware, I will pre-order it at first time, like what I did last year. I like Sailfish OS, but now it's just not as good as blackberry for daily use.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Jolla's phone h/w was never advertised as a top spec phone, we also knew that s/w-wise SailfishOS was not complete. We knew all that from the very beginning.
No, this is cognitive dissonance reshaping peoples memory.

Although never specifically advertised as such, most expectations back at the beginning of 2013 were that the Jolla would contain an ST-Ericsson NovaThor SoC, most likely to have been an L8540 or an L9540 - both 1.85GHz dual core ARM Cortex-A9 with PowerVR SGX544 powering the graphics, which would have supported up to WUXGA (1920x1200). Or a vaguely comparable SoC, given that by May, when the preorder was launched, we knew ST-Ericsson had departed the business. So substantially more high end than the phone eventually delivered.

And it was not until months later that the word BETA was added to the description of the OS. And months before Jolla were prepared to admit that 'Estrada display' didn't actually mean HD at all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, if you are not a top player, it is almost impossible to get access to decent h/w, besides Jolla has no access to h/w drivers either.

Jolla suffers from all that at the moment, unfortunately I cannot afford to get another phone that soon ;-(

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Well, the best route would've been to get a "sponsor" phone.
But Jolla were too arrogant for this, they wanted complete control.

I mean look at the OpenPandora and Pyra projects.
Its just too difficult to do this, unless you have real-world expertise... not amateur stuff.
How about the Vivaldi tablet? Or the Improv Board?

I think to make a decent open-source product, you need a chill $1 Mil to blow.
And that's just money that you throw at it.
Does anyone know someone rich and generous... get them to contact Jolla!

I'm flattered