Active Topics

I am wondering if anyone has figured out a way to increase the quality. I have used the converter on this site, and have tried video files at the highest conversion quality, and have also tried it with different types of files. But overall, the result still seems to be substantially lower than the capabilities of the screen.

Is there some indirect limitation caused by the graphics that does not allow for playing of much higher qualilty video files?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I would assume it'd be due to performance - - I don't think I've tried playing an 800x480 movie on my desktop PIII 4GHz with 1GB RAM.

For this type of device and for its INTENDED use I am happy with the video quality. If you want something better I would suggest buying a portable DVD player...

I find the video quality quite good considering it's not the primary function of the device. I didn't even really consider playing video on it prior to purchase to be honest.

I finally did the latest firmware upgrade, and am much happier with the video now. Whereas before the video was one-size-fits all, now the video size gets adjusted based on the dimensions of the video file. This results in a more natural view without the distortion that I was seeing before.

It is still not up to the quality that the screen is capable of, but it does seem there would be some processor limitations.

I just got my 1 GB RS-MMC and put a copy of "the matrix" on it. It looks and sounds unbelievable. Of course it's also a 550 MB file