Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
1. Recently bought a cocobola wood clarinet barrel, the "Fat Boy" -- got a demo model to save a little off the normally $190 price. Hand and CNC made in Canada (eh?). So I'm certainly not gonna criticize a nice effects pedal. Such a sweet mellow tone on my classic "double-L" LeBlanc.

2. Swapped into an electric BMW a couple years ago. The kids love the idea that I can program the car to be warmed/cooled for departure time whether in or out of the garage. All the better if it's on the charger, range-wise, but the pure comfort factor is just so nice either way.
Fat boy sounds like an excellent purchase on the order of a refund costwise.. What kind of music do you play on licorice stick? One of my alltime favorites is Clarinet Quintet by Mozart.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Fat boy sounds like an excellent purchase [...]
It may be just me, but "Fat Boy" sound like a horrible mush-up of Little Boy and Fat Man. Not the best connotation.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Apperantly there was a thin boy as well. Didn't know that. How do they name nukes today?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons

Mark Twain?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Why with some devices with old browsers this forum does not accept my username and password even though they are exactly the same which I have now while writing?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Why with some devices with old browsers this forum does not accept my username and password even though they are exactly the same which I have now while writing?
Maybe these devices aren't hand made?

But it is! Nokia E90 symbian communicator which I have been playing with around instead of N900. Have to say I like the keyboard layout but not how the keys feel and work. A bit smaller keyboard would be perfect. Trying to get the device as workable as possible. For now with Opera mini and updated certs I have TLS 1.2 working. Soon there will be telegram client. Youtube can't be streamed but hoping to find a workaround. Site iterino.com makes it possible to download vids but would like them not to be permanently stored on device and without need to manually delete them. Some kind of temp folder with set time to wipe stuff automatically could be ok. 32Gb sdcard and would support even bigger. Can't understand how to set the Frodo C64 emulator. Picodrive already installed as well as googlemaps. I have file to install Garmin and there openstreetmaps.

Wikipedia can be accessed and youtube but players do not wan't to stream https. Maybe with ginx this could be sorted out?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Maybe these devices aren't hand made?
That must be it!

so you are running that old browser on newer hand made devices and it works to login? is that what you are saying?

No. I'm saying why I can browse the forum with Opera with E90 but I can't login.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Fat boy sounds like an excellent purchase on the order of a refund costwise.. What kind of music do you play on licorice stick? One of my alltime favorites is Clarinet Quintet by Mozart.
I'm mostly a classical clarinet fan, but I appreciate 20th-21st century wind band repertoire. Mozart's clarinet is a favorite of mine, too. Von Weber's quintet is also very nice, but less performed. And I loved my salad days in marching band playing that stuff, as well.

And I like jazz, but it's not my strength, since jazz programs around here focus on saxes, and only the clarinet as "doublers". Take that Benny Goodman, Sidney Bechet, Artie Shaw, Pete Fountain, I suppose . . .

It may be just me, but "Fat Boy" sound like a horrible mush-up of Little Boy and Fat Man. Not the best connotation.
I can definitely see where that comes from. But in North America, I think the most likely association with "Fat Boy" would be a mid-sized Harley-Davidson motorcycle. But the "Fat Boy" of my post is a big ol' Canadian clarinet barrel:

. . . seen here next to the original barrel supplied with the ancient French LeBlanc "Double L" clarinet from the early 1960s. I don't know its actual age, the internet serial number checkers don't report from my instrument's vintage. All I known is it was old enough when I got it, that the grenadilla wood it was made of was probably put up for aging in oil before WWII.

Happily, my daughter took up the clarinet in 5th grade. Unhappily, that year lead directly into the global pandemic. So her development in the instrument (and the rest of her age group) has been delayed by the global plague. As a clarinet playing parent, I've done my best, but it's not the same as "normal times".

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson