Notices

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I also appreciate all the work being done on Kagu. I use it every day. I also appreciate your responsiveness, and was also quite impressed that you guys would actually implement a suggestion (the one about displaying the artist photo if the album art was unavailable) from a noob like myself. It certainly has given me a very positive first impression of the open-source community.

I applaud you for the work you and the others have put into kagu.
I still use it as my default mp3 player and love all the features it currently has.

We just released 1.0.10-3 after a month, as a maintenance release. The team has been caught up with real life or deadlines at work, so nothing new but there are some bugfixes, especially on Chinook. Here's the changelog:
* Maintenance release
* Renamed "Songs" as "Tracks"
* Fix Chinook sleep timer, high cpu usage and history handling
* Fix a crash occuring while removing single track from playlist

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to disq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
What about a2dp??

Originally Posted by disq View Post
We just released 1.0.10-3 after a month, as a maintenance release. The team has been caught up with real life or deadlines at work, so nothing new but there are some bugfixes, especially on Chinook. Here's the changelog:
Disq: Thanks. Every improvement not only helps but shows you're all still there! Regards, Jim

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ South Carolina
Kagu installed without problems on N800 OS2008. Is A2DP support included??

treverthan is handling the a2dp support, it should work as usual but i'm not sure.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ South Carolina
treverthan??

Are you saying it "should be" functional now?

it's been functional in Bora (maemo 3.0, IT OS 2007) since 1.0, just not tested in Chinook.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Your organizing and listings of albums are apparently so dependent on initial id tags, which often result in seemingly arbitrary listings and itemizations. The "genre" addition to your last update is for me a disaster, as the genres accompanying albums are frequently illogical and thus contribute to rather useless genre categorizations, i.e., "Classical" and Classique" depending on the country and language of the album's origin.
And you expect kagu media player to fix this by some magic?

It is up to the user to maintain order in a song collection (or a filesystem for that matter). The normal use-case is to maintain the media library on a pc, then download songs to portable devices for playback.

The place to update and organize your ID3 tags and filenames is on the server PC, not on the player device.

(edit) I'm not claiming that ability to change id3 tags or edit playlists in kagu wouldn't be useful. But blaming a media player for a disorganized music collection is not very appropriate.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-12-19 at 09:59.