Active Topics

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Hi, if anyone interested, I've created a wiki page over at MeeGo.com to start to pick some interesting opinions from the IRC chat.

If you are participating in the #meego discussions, please help us out, by dropping the things in the wiki as you hear them from meego.

if you are reading this in the next few minutes: there is nothing on the page yet, I have my irc log at home and cannot process yesterday yet.

http://wiki.meego.com/Meego_irc

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RenegadeFanboy For This Useful Post:
I've added a link to the full #meego irc logs on the wiki page.

Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RenegadeFanboy For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately the log only starts from this afternoon, so nothing from the "people that count" chat of yesterday... :-)

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Unfortunately the log only starts from this afternoon, so nothing from the "people that count" chat of yesterday... :-)
But you can access that after an easy transaction over PayPal :-D
(Hopefully, that was not the only time...)

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm gonna like this ^ guy

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
So... where we are is exactly the same spot we were at just prior to maemo.org's acquisition of Internet Tablet Talk.

Discussions not as easily accessed over IRC, that will eventually determine the path this community will take, are now taking place.

The people that "matter" are the ones who will eventually use the dang thing. What "counts" are the number of units that are eventually sold.

What I wonder is:
Will Nokia continue to use user groups like ours as cheap customer support or will customer support and product usability professionals be involved in this project from the start?

BTW RF, thanks for the effort to bring us up to speed.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Where did this thing about "the people that matter" come from? Sure, there was a chat on IRC last night, in an open channel. I was there (and I certainly don't matter!) It was being discussed fairly freely on twitter, so it wasn't secret or hidden. There's always been an IRC channel associated with this place - it's a good spot to hang out, and by no means secret!

I'm not sure who is worried they were left out of what.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Where did this thing about "the people that matter" come from?
It's a quote... Tuesday on #maemo, around 7:40:
qgil: so are you all at #meego?
johnx: yup
crashanddie: pretty much
johnx: all of us who matter
The unfortunate coincidence that moving from #maemo to #meego meant that there's no logs for these chats (or none that people here are aware of) made the phrase popular, I guess.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Logs are here - with thanks to Helmuth in this thread.

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2010-02-17 at 21:19.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
So we discussed casually MeeGo related topics in the #meego IRC channel. If someone finds something wrong in this, then perhaps s/he will find many other things wrong in general.

I've jumped there a couple of times just because I can't really follow all the threads here and there. If it's something really burning you log in IRC and you get to know pretty quick. Praktisch!

I landed first in #maemo because these were the people I wanted to address first. Then the obvious thought came to mind that in #meego there would be many other people just as thirsty of clarification. Anybody following #maemo at that time could just jump to #meego.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: