Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Subject says just about everything with Maemo going away is Community outreach program dead now? Will Nokia still be interested in helping with this? Should we keep working on this or give up at least til after community merger?

edit opps pasted content in title mod want to shorten it for me.

Last edited by qgil; 2010-02-17 at 13:42. Reason: shorter title

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Well... that's up in the air Andrew. But the ball is rolling: http://wiki.meego.com/Proposal_for_a..._working_group

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The Community outreach program has gotten to the point it is without Nokia's direct help (which is a good proof!). The last thing from Nokia's side is that I asked for a rough budget (isn't it?). I guess the MeeGo steering group (or whoever will decide on budget for community activities) will ask just the same.

Also note that "community merger" doesn't mean stopping the work until everything is "merged". It's by keeping working and converging on common directions and projects how the merging happens.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Subject says just about everything with Maemo going away is Community outreach program dead now? Will Nokia still be interested in helping with this? Should we keep working on this or give up at least til after community merger?
We should keep on working.
Community outreach is even more important now to explain the maemo-meego transition

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RenegadeFanboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hmmm... maybe I'll discard the maemo.org branded flyers, and stay ready for a simple rebranding.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
maybe we should try to keep a clear head and stop running and crying around like a bunch of chickens?
and instead do some helpful work like adding a thread subject length limiter

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
maybe we should try to keep a clear head and stop running and crying around like a bunch of chickens?
and instead do some helpful work like adding a thread subject length limiter
I copied this post and title from an email I sent qgil and was minutes from sleep so I copied entire post to title lol.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
The Community outreach program has gotten to the point it is without Nokia's direct help (which is a good proof!). The last thing from Nokia's side is that I asked for a rough budget (isn't it?). I guess the MeeGo steering group (or whoever will decide on budget for community activities) will ask just the same.

Also note that "community merger" doesn't mean stopping the work until everything is "merged". It's by keeping working and converging on common directions and projects how the merging happens.
I have a ruff budget I will send you I just wanted to make sure that sure that their was a chance we could still get support for this.

Ruff Budget

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-02-17 at 11:49.